Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Airwolf 500 Build Pictures

Official Member

Re: Airwolf 500 Build Pictures

oh ok thanks for the advice now with a heli that size i mean carrying all the extra weight and all would you say its a good idea to go with a multi-blade setup i have not seen much of that on the forums

Legendary Member

Hi lboogie0264

RC Groups forum and HeliFreak cover multi blade setups quite a bit. Even though the flying weight on this Airwolf is heavy (I am getting the real weight measured tomorrow), it does not appear to effect its flying agility. I wouldn't try any 3D stuff with it, but for scale type flying it is more than enough. These 500's are pretty strong.

Jerry

Official Member

yeah i know they can be pretty strong lol i just finished helping a co-worker set one up 2 days ago and that got me a little amped up for my next build so now im just checking options to get an idea of how to approach this next build those 500's fly nice too his first hover was pretty much hands off it was like the heli could fly itself

Legendary Member

Measured fly ready weight this morning at 6.20 lbs.

Jerry

Newbie Member
    Wish i could insert a picture but as they say C'est La Vie.First i would like to say as you have been told many times
    before, Nice Airwolf. In picture number seven of your build
    on my kitchen table i have the exact part you have. Aluminum part that has a plastic nipple on it that is connected to a push rod to a servo. A little history. The compant i purchased this from (can't remember) sent me this and the same to parts you show that you had to connect or add your wheels to. it retracts into the housing where nthe machine guns rest. The only thing i don't have is the nose gear. When i contacted them about this i was told that they would not have sent the package without it, so i got stuck. My question to you is How did you get the plate that all this is connected to. Do you have the dimensions? Me thinking I would be able to take to a machine shop and have them make it for me. Or is this from a company that already has the part. Between me and you, i just don't understand why people want to be so secretive about this hobby. I have been asking people about the Oleo retracts for the Airwolf model and i get no answer. I have an airwolf body that i would love to get in the air. The heli is a trex 500. Looking online i do see Oleo gear. What's in it now, a carbon fiber rod that connects the wheels together all three. If possible i would like no linkage retracts. Hope to hear from you soon if you are even still doing this.

Newbie Member
    Helo everyone, I am kinda new to this site and I was looking and surfing online for a fuselage for my RC Heli 500 and came across this site and saw your post JerryShaw. Its a nice bird you got there and hopping you could help me build again my heli to look like what you got there... really a nice piece of machince... looking forward for the imformation to this topic.... I traveled up to Singaporee and Hongkong but cannot find such store that sells these parts you got... thank you in advance if you could help me complete mine too... more power and thank you for being here with everyone...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2