Thread: RC Nitro Gas Fuel Explained

butter

RC Nitro Gas Fuel Explained

What is Nitro Gas?
    Nitro Cars are powered by nitro methane, which is a mixture castor oil and other synthetic oils, not NAS like The Fast and the Furious cars.

Nitro fuel contains differing percentages of mixtures of castor oil and synthetic oils. Most of the fuels used contain for nitro cars, planes, and helicopters contain around 15% to 30% nitro methane.

What is Nitro Gas made of?
    Nitro Fuel contains three components:

Nitro Methane
    Methanol
    Castor oil and Synthetic oil (mixture)
    The percentage that is seen when purchasing fuel is the amount of Nitro Methane that is included. For example, 20% nitro methane, 10% oil, and 70% Methanol would be listed as 20% Nitro Fuel.

There are several different mixtures that are used for different engines and vehicles:

20% Nitro Fuel is used exclusively for 1/10th scale racing cars The 30% nitro fuels are used for the larger 1/8th scale models; normally big trucks and buggies.
    There are also Platinum Blends that are beneficial in long term protection for your engine. It is especially helpful to use if you race your Nitro Car several times a day.
    Lastly, there are the 15% mixtures that service RC Helicopters and planes. These mixtures have a much higher percentage of oil because they are running full throttle for most of the time they are being used.
    When purchasing Nitro fuels, be mindful of where the brands are coming from either domestic blends or international. The reason this is important is because to ship Nitro fuel long distances, companies must add a non-combustion agent called tri-ethylene so that the Nitro is shipped safely. This agent causes the engine to work harder to reach combustion temperatures, and thus shortens the engines life because it has to work harder.

Newbie Member

Re: RC Nitro Gas Fuel Explained

i guess this helps people a lot
    thanks for posting
    =)
    CH

ZeroEndurance

Quote Originally Posted by butter
    What is Nitro Gas?
    Nitro Cars are powered by nitro methane, which is a mixture castor oil and other synthetic oils, not NAS like The Fast and the Furious cars.

Nitro fuel contains differing percentages of mixtures of castor oil and synthetic oils. Most of the fuels used contain for nitro cars, planes, and helicopters contain around 15% to 30% nitro methane.

What is Nitro Gas made of?
    Nitro Fuel contains three components:

Nitro Methane
    Methanol
    Castor oil and Synthetic oil (mixture)
    The percentage that is seen when purchasing fuel is the amount of Nitro Methane that is included. For example, 20% nitro methane, 10% oil, and 70% Methanol would be listed as 20% Nitro Fuel.

There are several different mixtures that are used for different engines and vehicles:

20% Nitro Fuel is used exclusively for 1/10th scale racing cars The 30% nitro fuels are used for the larger 1/8th scale models; normally big trucks and buggies.
    There are also Platinum Blends that are beneficial in long term protection for your engine. It is especially helpful to use if you race your Nitro Car several times a day.
    Lastly, there are the 15% mixtures that service RC Helicopters and planes. These mixtures have a much higher percentage of oil because they are running full throttle for most of the time they are being used.
    When purchasing Nitro fuels, be mindful of where the brands are coming from either domestic blends or international. The reason this is important is because to ship Nitro fuel long distances, companies must add a non-combustion agent called tri-ethylene so that the Nitro is shipped safely. This agent causes the engine to work harder to reach combustion temperatures, and thus shortens the engines life because it has to work harder.

Castor oil was named after my uncle =]

Dan9311

Thanks for sharing.

Newbie Member

Hi,

Brand new to nitro cars. I bought my husband HYPER RAZOR 1/8 nitro gas radio for Christmas and am finding all info on this site helpful - thanks. Can you tell me - does a nitro gas car require ONLY nitro fuel? Or can you use regular gas?

Confused wife!

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodave
    Hi,

Brand new to nitro cars. I bought my husband HYPER RAZOR 1/8 nitro gas radio for Christmas and am finding all info on this site helpful - thanks. Can you tell me - does a nitro gas car require ONLY nitro fuel? Or can you use regular gas?

Confused wife!
    Nitro fuel only. Regular gas will ruin the engine.
    Status: New Engine! w00t (11-25-0<br />Vehicle: Exceed 1/10 Infinity series Monster Truck