Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New C8ST questions

Newbie Member

New C8ST questions

So I recently bought a C8ST (as the posting title would hopefully indicate) and I am tying to figure out some technical details about the vehicle.
    1. As it is such a fragile part on all truggys, does any one know if a losi or associated or whatever gearbox will fit as a replacement since they're out of stock on RCX?
    2. The rear springs are way too long, does anyone have a good recommendation for spring replacements?
    3. Are there any over sized front bumpers that work with this car?
    For right now I think these are my biggest concerns, I will thank everyone ahead of time for reading and replying

4. Oh and does anyone know what battery straps have the proper length so I can ditch the velcro?

Thank you

Hi.. and welcome to the forum..! Ok for some of the questions you have it's possible to apply some durable solutions.. but I dont have much time these days to redact a post and sometimes people here ask questions but never come back to pick up the answers... However I will keep an eye on the forum and if I see that you are interested, I will try to find the time needed to answer.

And there's no need to pray Lord Jesus to expect for an answer here... Just kidding..!
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 6 Days Ago at 11:22 AM.

Newbie Member
    Um, ok....

Newbie Member
    also, the lower suspension mounts? thx again

Quote Originally Posted by NachoWexler View Post

Hello.. good to see that you still there. Ok I don't want to be a joy reaper here but your question could be interpreted in different manners... So please is that possible to be a little more accurate with the goal or the effect you looking for.

Ok to answer to your first question, usualy most of the time parts from others factory doesn't fit on the others brands. The C8ST is a good truck but like many others, it have a weak point, the fact is that sometime the transmissions bearings generate enough heat to melt down the plastic bearings seat, so the only way I found to resolve the problem, is to put the vehicle up side down, then you can remove the eight transmissions casing screws, now it's possible to separate the casing from the aluminum frame, and then you can put some liquid lithium grease (the one in a spray can) until you fill up the casing, so the air bubbles contents in the lithium lube will compensate enough for the lube expansion process generated by the friction heat of the bearings... And this will also greatly increase the reliability of the gearboxes components. Before reassembly, don't forget to put 242 locktite (the blue one) on the eight screws and everything should be fine.

Ok when I will have a little more time, I will try to help you resolving your others problems.
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 5 Days Ago at 05:29 PM.

I guess you referring to the holes in the suspension tabs..? and I think you plan to lower the rear height by set up the shocks end in the outside hole..?
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 4 Days Ago at 03:45 PM.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MECANIC77 View Post
    I guess you referring to the holes in the suspension tabs..? and I think you plan to lower the rear height by set up the shocks end in the outside holes..?
    doesnt the bottom edge have to mate properly with the chassis too?

doesnt the bottom edge have to mate properly with the chassis too?
    The rear springs are way too long, does anyone have a good recommendation for spring replacements?

Ok for your questions... Sometimes it's possible to take a set of front springs and install it at the rear, otherwise you can simply adjust the torsion bar tension to a lower value and raising the spring tensioner to the top, also it's possible to change the bottom shocks set up to the last outside hole position, anyway for better handling and stability it's necessary to finish with the rear tabs near to the level position... however betwen 3 and 5 degres of positive angle is the best you can hope and for the front you have to reach for about 3 degres of negative angle and also it might be a good idea to put the shocks rod end to the last outside tabs hole and then you can adjust the spring tensioner accordingly. Just remember that the performance of a vehicle is just as good as the possibility of reducing the compromise you have to do with the set up... So to reach the range of an accecptable set up the best order is.. (1) install the shocks rods end in the tabs outside hole (front and rear) (2) Adjust the angle of the tabs with the shocks springs tensionner in the range of degres mentioned above. (3) Adjust the torsion bar tension to a lower value but only if it's necessary and all the settings must be accomplished with the batteries and equipment inside the vehicle.

Ok I did my best to simplify as much as I could some of the technical terms we use in RC but if somethings are not still clear, you could feel free to reply. Anyhow stupid questions do not exist... but only ignorant people who never ask exist...
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 4 Days Ago at 04:24 PM.
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

Are there any over sized front bumpers that work with this car?

The correct answer is yes and no... No seriously, it doesn't exist a wide bumper for the C8ST but it's really easy to take a bumper from another brand and fit it on.

As far as I know, this is the strongest you can have... http://www.ebay.com/itm/TBR-T-Bone-R...0AAOSwCU1Yt5Re
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast