Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New C8ST questions

Quote Originally Posted by NachoWexler View Post
    Oh and does anyone know what battery straps have the proper length so I can ditch the velcro?
    Battery straps are so easy to make with some velcro tape and cheap nylon straps stretcher that you can find in most dollar stores and you can glue everything with a product called Shoe Goo.
    Knowledge gained is lost forever if not passed on.

Newbie Member
    So, everything you mentioned about adjusting the rear suspension is how the truck arrived stock. I purchased an extra set of front springs already and installed them on the rear. I had to bottom out the tension rings in the rear so the truck would have a little ride height and not bottom out when floored it from a dead stop. As far as the battery straps go, I'm trying to avoid velcro and I don't want permanent placement of the batteries as I have four now.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoWexler View Post
    As far as the battery straps go, I'm trying to avoid velcro and I don't want permanent placement of the batteries as I have four now.

I can understand that some type of velcro don't hold very well and with some others the gripping strength is much better and last longer, anyhow after some researches I have discovered that velcro straps are very cheap to buy, so if it was me I would buy many of them and at the first sign of grip weakness I would replace it immediately.

You have the embarrassment of choice here... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...traps&_sacat=0
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 3 Days Ago at 10:00 AM.

Newbie Member
    Dude, I've been in this hobby for 20+ years, in my original post I thought I made it very clear that I'm trying to find a plastic strap to replace the velcro with, thank you for trying to help but seriously all of your posts/replies to this thread are almost useless - thank you sorry but stop - please

There was no need to almost supplicate me to stop answering you Sir, and don't worry I'm not your wife, I had replied to all your 6 questions, that's all..! Anyway in the matter of think and in the option that at one time or so you had bad experiences with some cheap velcro setup, usually the common sense suggest something like, it's not because something is bad that every product is, but sometimes people... Anyhow I'm not stupid enough to believe that I will convince you but when I write posts/replies I try to keep in mind that it could help others too.

And good luck with the gearboxes and bearings I think you will need it but respectfully maybe you will have the chance of learning something useful.
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 1 Day Ago at 11:28 AM.

Newbie Member
    I'm sorry dude, you just didn't seem to offer any insight other than the obvious. I was looking for part numbers from other manufacturers not tech tips, thank you very much for trying - sorry that I came off as such a jerk just now - but seriously re-read my original post and sorry thank you for trying

Ok Sir after reviewing your original post I think your point of view is valuable and has the merit to make me realise that I had misunderstood your real needs and expectations and when you said that I just didn't seem to offer any insight other than the obvious... I accept your respectful and constructive critic and to be honest I'm forced to admit that it's one of my biggest concern and now I can understand a little more why sometimes people don't really appreciate and why someway they don't have some consideration towards me.

And I'm sorry in my last reply for my lack of respect against you and I really appreciate the fact that you have some compassion and consideration towards me and I highly respect this.
    Last edited by MECANIC77; 1 Day Ago at 11:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12