Thread: Please help me identify a second hand helicopter I have

Newbie Member

Please help me identify a second hand helicopter I have

I bought this helicopter at a garage sell, when I got it home, I realized I had no way to charge the 3.7v battery. I thought it was like a smaller one I had and a wire would come out of the remote control but that was not the case. I went back and the guy gave me an AC Adaptor with an end on it that looked like what I needed. I will provide photos, but the helicopter has Helix 3001 on the bottom and Exclusive latest upgraded version, it also says ALLOY on the side in a cat type logo. Underneath I found a connector and disconnected it then plugged the charger into the female plug, but I found out that was not connected to the battery. The adaptor/charger I was given has the same male plug as the battery. These helicopters are affordable so I didn't want to spend much testing it. I could do a work around with some soldering to make this work but I thought I would ask first. I would like to know what I have and possibly read the instruction manual. My charger and battery have the same male plug and that wont work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9632.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	11720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9631.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	11721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9761.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	11722

Newbie Member
    Please, Please, Someone talk to this newbie. I need some help as I am new to the RC Helicopter hobby, other than a small foam copter that was charged from a set of wires that came out of the remote. An advanced Thank You to anyone that will bother helping me.

Newbie Member
    I know the advice is so start over with a new one as I can't identify this one. I bought the battery. Charged it and had my longest sustained flight of an RC copter yet. I have never had one fly long enough to learn how to use the controls, I could make it rise and fall and I could turn directions, but never figured out how to fly forward before I crashed it on the porch and broke a blade. Now I go looking for blades, knowing what copter I had would help, I looked at many on ebay but never found the exact match. By measurements I got close and found some cheap ones from China, like 1.50 for 2 sets of A & B. I am not that poor that I can't buy a new one, I was just trying to learn as much as possible cheaply as possible. I have some unorthodox things to try. I think a trip to the Hobby Store or Walmart would help me allot. I just wish I knew what I have, a $20 heli or a $70 heli? I wish more of the sellers of blades would include the specs, a cheap set I found was the closest in length and width. The blade I need is 15.5 centimeters, just under 6" and a good 2.5 cm at the widest point. The helicopter has Helix 3001 on the bottom, Exclusive latest upgraded version on the side, with ALLOY built into a cat type logo. See above photo. I thought if I studied the parts, I may be able to recognize them and determine what type of heli I have. It has a metal frame unlike the first one I had that was a tandem rotor cargo made of foam and 1/3 the size. It was clear that the foam one was for indoors only. This one that I want to identify has led lights all over it and I was happy with its maiden flight. When I see Gyro, is that the weighted device on top of the prop shaft? Some have only one set of blades and some have two, so would removing set B completely give me any good results. I know, trial and error. I take criticism well so don't hold back. Should I skip straight to a Quad or Drone and enjoy flying instead of crashing. I would imagine that the Quad/Drone is much easier to fly. Thank You
    Last edited by donwonnc; 12-14-2016 at 07:20 PM.

These kind of basic helicopter are now sell for about 20 bucks, however the better way to learn at low cost is to buy a little helicopter that you could fly indoor, so this way when you crash with a low weight copter, usually you dont break it at all, and then after you are able to master the little machine you can go for a bigger project.

Rule number 1 when you fly a copter close the throttle just before crashing...

You can click here to see what I mean... http://www.banggood.com/HX-3_5CH-Min...l?rmmds=search