Thread: Trouble shooting exceedrc brushless sunfire.

Newbie Member

Trouble shooting exceedrc brushless sunfire.

Im having a problem i really hope someone can help me with. This car was running fine a few weeks ago then a dog bone fell off and i couldn't find it so i parked it waiting for parts. I also ordered a 2s lipo battery and a programming card. I received everything and put the dog bone back in. I also programmed the esc cutt-off threshold. Now i turn transmitter and car on and they don't comunicate with each other at all. The fan starts running on the car and lights come on receiver but i don't get any response to throttle or turning. What could the problem be? I have tried the original nimh battery i've allso tried returning the cut out threshold to the original setting which is non protection as its nimh. No matter what i do i can't get any response. Please help.

Try the binding procedure in the manuel (this is for tune RX and TX frequency together)

Newbie Member
    I've already performed the binding. Was already sure it was good simply because of the light on receiver. If i just turn the car on the light on the receiver flashes. As soon as I turn on the transmitter the light goes solid so its binded.

Usualy you have to turn on the TX before the car so if doing that d'ont solve your problem try to recalibrating ESC

Newbie Member
    So i got my steering to work but i can't get throttle to work. I think my esc is good though because if i plug it into channel 1 on receiver and turn steering my vehicle will drive. If i plug steering into channel 2 and push throttle nothing happens so theres something wrong with channel 2 specifically. This is a 4 channel receiver can i change the throttle to Chanel 3 or 4 or do i need a new receiver?

Hi.. long time no see..! Ok by the ways you describe the problem, it's clear to me that your ESC is good and the receiver look like the culprit, but the fact is it could be also the controler, anyway there no way to test it unless you have a fellow who own a compatible TX, however most of the time the RX is at issue and it's impossible to assign channels for another purpose.