Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New FAA rules

Platinum Member
    I just registered with the FAA this morning. They aren't interested in WHAT you are flying, they just want a name and address of someone they can nail and they wanted money of course.
    That is total BULL****. (sorry Mr. Dan, but really, it needed to be said)

Platinum Member
    This whole thing has me really really pissed off. I really expected the govt would want to know what you are flying. So, they would know who to go after, if some RC pilot causes some damage.
    Instead, they require a number they give you to be on every model you fly. How is that going to help? Unless you leave your model after you crash into something, and most RC pilots retrieve their crashed models to rebuild them.
    All this does is allow the FAA people to come accuse those who do register, and since they don't have a list of what you are flying, they will accuse the nearest registered RC pilot.
    1 quad
    DJI Flame wheel

1 Hexcopter
    DJI 550.
    Full FPV now

4 channel
    MJX F-49, waiting on arrival

CCPM
    Blade Red Bull 130
    Walkera 35--
    Walkera 36B--
    Walkera 68B X3
    Walkera V450D01
    Walkera V500D01
    Align 450 SA.
    Align 450 waiting
    Blade 450 3D waiting

FPV
    On Hexcopter Boscam HD19 works very well.

Fly HIGH
    Well, not over 400 ft, or the FAA will get you

its the 5 bucks there getting my big birds are up for sale just keeping everything under a POUND .............I have 2 450's and 1 more 500 and 2 400;s left ...they all have to GOOOOOOOO.happy flying
    HAPPY FLYING

The $5 is refunded if you register before 1/21/16
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - Custom Quad NAZA Lite GPS.

Platinum Member
    I registered. They gave me a number to put on everything I fly, and supposed to do it before I fly. Its on my quad. I guess I will write it on the inside of my helicopter canopies.
    But, my big problem with it is, they didn't ask for a list of what I am flying, so, it seems to me, if some bozo does something wrong, the FAA will just show up at whoever is registered in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtreg View Post
    The $5 is refunded if you register before 1/21/16

Newbie Member
    I haven't had well experience yet, so I appreciate your advices. I greet you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12