Thread: AeroSky 550 Setup and Configure

Newbie Member

AeroSky 550 Setup and Configure

Ok, so I am a totally newb when it comes to quadcopters, so my work just purchased a bunch of Aerosky 550 Hexocopters to complete property fly overs and video. We purchased them from xheli.

Upon doing so we found the lack of instruction on how to set it up. It was just a single page in english with controller positions which was off. All the rest was in Chinese. From what we see is it flips right over

We are trying not to spend any extra money into theses and getting them up and running as is, if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on programing or wouldn't mind sending their sample program my way?
    Last edited by siren001; 11-12-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Dave is a well respected part of the RC community. His video will show you how to program the transmitter to cure the flip over problem.
    DJI Phantom V1.2 (1) My go to gal. (Being modified for 4s battery and iOSD mini.)
    DJI Flame Wheel 550 hex w/ E300 kit (1) OOO BABY!!!
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 quad w/ E300 kit (1) Zoom, Zoom
    Spektrum DX7s and DX9 (1 each) Love em.

Another thing you may want to check (I all of a sudden developed a flip issue too) is the correct rotation of the rotors. Put it on the ground, spin it up veeeeeeeery slowly, and watch to make sure the rotors spin in the correct direction. Somehow, one of mine got reversed (in all likelyhood, I may have done it myself when I replaced a broken arm, but don't tell me that, I'll be furious) and was causing the flip. All it took was swapping two of the bullet plugs out in the speed controller to set the direction correctly. Problem solved.
    Traxxas QR-1
    WL V959 (Spy Drone)
    Aerosky H100 R.I.P.
    TBS Discovery Pro
    Aerosky 550 Hex (Under construction)
    Aerosky P12

Quote Originally Posted by xnewethicx View Post
    Another thing you may want to check (I all of a sudden developed a flip issue too) is the correct rotation of the rotors. Put it on the ground, spin it up veeeeeeeery slowly, and watch to make sure the rotors spin in the correct direction. Somehow, one of mine got reversed (in all likelyhood, I may have done it myself when I replaced a broken arm, but don't tell me that, I'll be furious) and was causing the flip. All it took was swapping two of the bullet plugs out in the speed controller to set the direction correctly. Problem solved.
    User error!! (running away as fast as I can....)
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

I don't know WHAT you're talking about *pout*
    Traxxas QR-1
    WL V959 (Spy Drone)
    Aerosky H100 R.I.P.
    TBS Discovery Pro
    Aerosky 550 Hex (Under construction)
    Aerosky P12

Welcome to the group. So how is the build going siren? Also, why buy a bunch at once not knowing how to build or fly? Sounds like good ol' fun but these things aint no joke. I've been hit by the blades on my larger quad, they hurt something serious. I've also been hit by the blades on the little 1sq they hurt pretty good too and I've been flying quads for about a year now. What I'm trying to say is that multi rotors are dangerous in the wrong hands and if not set up and controlled properly. Some of these even fly away on their owners so just be careful. Flying is super fun when all things are done right. I would love to assist you through a build if I may, I'm only working one or two days a week now, its up to you. I oredered my firs quad built. The next one I built and am happy I did so. However you get this done stay safe, whatch out with those lipos too.
    Lets get airborne and have safe fun!
    HT-FPV quad with NAZA-m and GPS, Gopro hero3gimbal, 500mw a/v tx/rx, screw planar antennas, AR8000 rx
    Spektrum Dx7s 9" LCD monitor, 3200mAh, 5300mAh lipos
    Eagle 50 with oem parts and Wk-2602
    Eagle 50 with turnigy motors and ESCs, super skidz, & Wk-2601- parts only
    Heli-Max 1SQ MICRO QUAD, DoubleHorse 9101 and Traxxas Grave Digger for my wife.