Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loosing my mind... Please help with Lazertoyz "The beef" pack.

Newbie Member RetiredSoldier919's Avatar

Loosing my mind... Please help with Lazertoyz "The beef" pack.

I am ready to toss my tx and everything across the room. I have tried setting up my tx/rx and ESC/motor with zero results. Just a series of confusing beeps that tell me nothing.
    I am working with the following:
    TX: Flysky CT6B
    RX: FS-R6B
    ESC: Lazertoyz 20A
    Motor: Emax GT2215-09 1180KV

The esc beeps, and the motor seems to twitch with each beep. My tx & rx are correctly bound.
    I've search the net with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Official Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredSoldier919 View Post
    The esc beeps, and the motor seems to twitch with each beep. My tx & rx are correctly bound.
    I've search the net with no luck.
    The motor actually makes the "beeps", that's why it twitches...this is normal...
    So, when you hook up the battery, does it emit 2 beeps and then a few seconds later play a little tune that rises in pitch?
    After that does it start repeating a pattern of single beep, two beeps, three beeps, short beep + long beep?
    If so, your TX throttle is reversed...to test, remove the prop and power up with the throttle full up...you should get two beeps, I believe...
    After which, pulling down on the throttle will start the motor...don't pull all the way down (since you don't have a load or prop on the motor), just a quick twitch down, then back up to confirm the channel is reversed...
    ..if so, check the other servo channels to ensure the surface move in the correct direction...make a note of each that don't...
    ...now you'll have to check the TX manual to see how to reverse a channel...I think the CT6B needs to be hooked to a PC to reverse channels if I'm not mistaken
    4 CH Dynam C-47
    4 CH FMS/Airfield 800mm P-40
    4 CH FMS/Airfield 800mm F4U
    4 CH Dynam Tigermoth
    5 CH Dynam 1200mm Spitfire

Dynam Tx Stock
    FlySky-Th9X Stock
    FlySky-Th9X with FrSky TX module

I've decided to add a video of what I am doing. Maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I may be wrong but the last switch you pointed to (upper left) should be to the rear not the front. On a heli, on mine at least, that is the normal flight and idle up switch. Try it towards the back which would be in the normal position. This may be true with the upper right switch as well which on mine is throttle hold. As I recall towards the front is throttle hold and towards the rear throttle hold is off. Another thing I was told is that the throttle trim should be all the way down but I have heard others recently say it didn't matter. Try those 3 things and see what you get.
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (Flying)
    X525 sport quad frame, NAZA M-Lite w/GPS, Afro 20A ESC, DJI 920KV motors (Flying)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (not maidened yet)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I may be wrong but the last switch you pointed to (upper left) should be to the rear not the front. On a heli, on mine at least, that is the normal flight and idle up switch. Try it towards the back which would be in the normal position. This may be true with the upper right switch as well which on mine is throttle hold. As I recall towards the front is throttle hold and towards the rear throttle hold is off. Another thing I was told is that the throttle trim should be all the way down but I have heard others recently say it didn't matter. Try those 3 things and see what you get.
    Thanks for the reply. But no luck with any of those suggestions.

I wish I could help more but in the year and a half I've been doing this, I've never had to program an ESC. Maybe someone who has will chime in!
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (Flying)
    X525 sport quad frame, NAZA M-Lite w/GPS, Afro 20A ESC, DJI 920KV motors (Flying)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)

I wish I could help more but in the year and a half I've been doing this, I've never had to program an ESC. Maybe someone who has will chime in!
    I do really appreciate you taking time to respond.
    Update: I have gotten the motor to respond and run. However, I've just managed to setup a very basic setup.
    No soft start/stop. But it's a step forward. Just wish I understood how I fixed it. Just moved the throttle randomly after
    connecting the battery, and BAM! It spins.

I used to work for IBM (retired from them) as a Field Engineer and when we had a mystery fix like that we would write "FWT2" in the machine history card. That stood for "F*** with this, F*** with that". LOL! Glad it's working!
    Lauren

Currently flying:

I used to work for IBM (retired from them) as a Field Engineer and when we had a mystery fix like that we would write "FWT2" in the machine history card. That stood for "F*** with this, F*** with that". LOL! Glad it's working!
    I currentyly work in IT and find that funny as hell. Because it's so true to our field.

Official Member
    You went into "programming mode" on the ESC.
    Each time you heard that little tune play, you selected another option...
    The constant beeping is, I believe, because it's not seeing the throttle as all the way down...
    Try setting the throttle range.
    Try this: Power on TX, Move Stick all the way to top. Power on RX. At First beep, move stick all the way down.
    This will set your throttle range.
    You should hear a series of tones, then nothing. Power of RX. With Stick in bottom position power on RX, you should hear a beep or two then silence. Moving the stick should now start the motor.
    When I get a chance to review the documentation for the ESC I can tell you what you set in programming mode and how to reset it
    4 CH Dynam C-47
    4 CH FMS/Airfield 800mm P-40
    4 CH FMS/Airfield 800mm F4U
    4 CH Dynam Tigermoth
    5 CH Dynam 1200mm Spitfire

Dynam Tx Stock
    FlySky-Th9X Stock
    FlySky-Th9X with FrSky TX module

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast