Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second "Wind"

Second "Wind"

Well folks, I've gone ahead, and decided to persist in this whole C.P. Helicopter thing, and got the parts/pieces needed to resurrect the V450D01. Don't ask me why, but quitting something just ain't in my genes! I'm gonna FIND OUT why the gyro went haywire, and I'm GONNA FLY this bird!! And on TOP of all THAT, I'm gonna MASTER this Devo7 if it frikkin' KILLS ME!!! There, I feel better now, shoul;d have my stuff for rebuild by the beginning of next week (from WOW Hobbies), and go put 'er up again!
    Airhogs Havoc Heli x8
    Interceptor 052 CX x2
    HeliMax 1SQ
    Blade 180QX
    Nine Eagles Solo Pro V2 x1
    Nine Eagles Solo Pro V1 x2
    Double Horse 9104 Modified
    Double Horse 9104
    Double Horse 9117
    MJX F45 x2
    Blade Nano CPX
    Walkera V450D01 (flyin' beautiful now!)
    TREX 450 (work in progress)
    WALKSPEKALIGN HK450 Homebuild (work in progress)
    Blade 500X
    And that's just the Helicopters!

That's the way Mat giver hell, the 450D01 is a good flying bird, take your time with it and get it set up right, I have put mine in a scale fuse Bell 222. I am using a 2801 TX so I can't help with that D7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	8831
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - building a new Custom quad NAZA Lite GPS.

They have a fuselage very similar to that at WOW, except theirs is white on baby blue (yech!) which COULD be repainted...I AM in posession of a pretty nice airbrush that I've yet to use...hmm...NAH I'll wait 'til I get the bugs out before I do that. Thing is, it's supposed to have more tail authority at higher headspeed, and I was just a tad under full throttle, and it just started spinning, and no matter what I tried to do, it just got worse...perhaps another (type) gyro, maybe that one's faulty? Strange thing is, it didn't do this crap until that flight, sometimes it would wander a little when I was hovering, but that whole thing with the spinning was right outta left field, and I wasn't prepared for what happened! It was scary stuff, but we'll get 'er sewed up, maybe see if I can get some more information on this gyro/RX it's got, or swap it for something else, I dunno, but I DO need to get a better grip on this radio too...maybe it's just a setting you have to go through several hundred dollars worth of parts to understand
    Airhogs Havoc Heli x8
    Interceptor 052 CX x2
    HeliMax 1SQ
    Blade 180QX
    Double Horse 9104
    Double Horse 9117
    MJX F45 x2
    Blade Nano CPX
    Blade 500X

I think you have the same Rx as my 450D03 and I just finished my 75th flight (emptied 75 batteries anyway) this weekend without a crash, scratch, or even a hard landing. I haven't had a single mechanical or electrical failure and couldn't be happier with it. I think I've read every post there is on it in the other forum and many people have had similar results. My point is that before you give up on stock parts or whatever, you might wanna keep using them because of all the other people having success with it. If it happens a second time then it's probably something else causing the failure. Just my two cents.
    Protocol Tiger Jet Coax
    Protocol Predator Coax
    Protocol Velociraptor 4-Channel Coax
    Propel Gyrocopter Coax X 2
    Hawkspy LT-712 Coax w/Camera
    W/L V911 Copter
    Hero R/C H911 Warrior X 2
    Helizone V911 Lightning Bird
    Double Horse 9100 X 2
    W/L V922
    W/L V913
    W/L V959 Quadcopter w/Camera
    Walkera 4F200 with HeliArt MD500 Fuselage and Light Kit
    Walkera 4F200 Stock
    Walkera 4F200LM
    Walkera Master CP with Light Kit
    Walkera V450D03 with Light Kit
    WK-2801 PRO
    Devo 7
    GoPro Hero 3 Black

Oh, no issues before this happened, in fact all flights besides being bullet fast, were pretty uneventful, leaving me with the impression that it's just a setting that's not right with it, or an adjustment somewhere I may have overlooked, like I always say, live and learn, but I couldn't be happier with Walkera, I mean, quality-wise, it's pretty top-shelf, but my experience with Nano (as far as flying/setup) can't really apply to the 450 just by virtue of it's size...Nano behaves completely different, the only thing constant with both is flying them both on factory "normal" (sic) settings. And although everyone keeps telling me to fly in "idle-up", I haven't yet...maybe THAT'S what the issue could be with it? If so I have to get used to another type of flying, i.e., mid stick being the starting point, up stick being postive pitch, and down-stick the opposite...
    Airhogs Havoc Heli x8
    Interceptor 052 CX x2
    HeliMax 1SQ
    Blade 180QX
    Double Horse 9104
    Double Horse 9117
    MJX F45 x2
    Blade Nano CPX
    Blade 500X

[QUOTE=Matiac;368344]They have a fuselage very similar to that at WOW, except theirs is white on baby blue (yech!) which COULD be repainted...I AM in posession of a pretty nice airbrush that I've yet to use...hmm...NAH I'll wait 'til I get the bugs out before I do that.

Definetly wait until all is proven to be all right, I flew mine for 3-4 months before converting.
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - building a new Custom quad NAZA Lite GPS.

Yeah, that's not something I'm gonna jump right into right away, and besides, after I got the parts I needed, a Nine Eagles 400mm Yak54, and an 800mm Hobby King MXSR ARF (S-Bach lookalike) beckoned to me, and I answered. I feel the need to have something in my hangar besides Warbirds, and now I DO! Or will I should say, but a certain someone here has offered up an unused 450 sized fuselage I very probably will procure...GOD this hobby's gonna break me!
    Airhogs Havoc Heli x8
    Interceptor 052 CX x2
    HeliMax 1SQ
    Blade 180QX
    Double Horse 9104
    Double Horse 9117
    MJX F45 x2
    Blade Nano CPX
    Blade 500X

Glad to hear you're going to stick with it Matiac! Good luck with that.

I take it you had a bad experience a while back (that I must have missed)?
    Syma S107G 3.5CX, my gateway heli
    Nine Eagles Solo Pro 270A FP
    Blade 120 SR FP
    Blade Nano CPX CP
    Blade mQX Quad
    Blade mCPX BL
    Align Trex 450 Pro DFC, iKON fbl, Align "bundled" servos, motor, CC Phoenix Edge Lite 50 ESC
    MSH Protos 500, Scoprion 880KV motor, iKON fbl, CC Ice 100 ESC

Yes I did, and it scared the bejesus outta me when it went in...could have been VERY bad had anyone been standing there. I do believe, with the force it went in, that if someone were standing there, they would have been killed, and THAT'S what almost scared me outta 6 Ch. helis. But I will no longer be flying the 450 at the soccer field should something like that happen again...
    Airhogs Havoc Heli x8
    Interceptor 052 CX x2
    HeliMax 1SQ
    Blade 180QX
    Double Horse 9104
    Double Horse 9117
    MJX F45 x2
    Blade Nano CPX
    Blade 500X

Have you looked into local clubs? Apparently, they're everywhere. I joined the AMA, which gives me access to AMA sanctioned fields, including the two very nice fields my local club hosts. Also great to meet local people into the hobby for support. I've made some good friends this past month through the club. =)

AMA also gives you some liability insurance, which gives a bit of piece of mind when it comes to situations like you mentioned above.
    Syma S107G 3.5CX, my gateway heli
    Nine Eagles Solo Pro 270A FP
    Blade 120 SR FP
    Blade Nano CPX CP
    Blade mQX Quad
    Blade mCPX BL
    Align Trex 450 Pro DFC, iKON fbl, Align "bundled" servos, motor, CC Phoenix Edge Lite 50 ESC
    MSH Protos 500, Scoprion 880KV motor, iKON fbl, CC Ice 100 ESC

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast