Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Info Needed On Syma S023G and S033G

Official Member

Lightbulb Info Needed On Syma S023G and S033G

Hilly Ho!!

I just got my new syma helis. But there is very little information on there care and the proper way to charge the batteries. Nothing on the do's and don't's of the two models. Can one of you that owns these models give me the heads up on them so I can avoid any unnecessary damage. Thank you for reading my post.
    Syma/S023G/S026G/S033G/S33/S34/S107G/S108G/S111G/S113G
    V911(X4)
    MJX F645 F45
    JXD Drift King
    Dynam-JetRanger370

i too have a bunch of symas. just got the 033g and the charger lights never go out or change color. i just charge for an hour then fly for 7 minutes. love it! had a receiver issue as the chopper would cut out every 3 seconds and be totally unresponsive. searched the net for hours and saw many had the same issue. turns out the antenna wire should just dangle. DO NOT WRAP IT AROUND STRUTS OR ANYTHING ELSE. problem solved. did u find any issues other than battery charging? oh, also let it cool down for 15 mins before charging, and after charging before flight.

Official Member

Arrow No Issues with the Batteries

Howdy ... well sir ... I haven't had any issues so far because I haven't flown the S033 yet because it is too cold and too much wind ... just got it today, so I don't know much about it and the instruction booklet that comes with it and the S023 have hardly any information at all. Now those plugs on the model that you connect up ... do you have to disconnect them when charging? No info on that at all.
    V911(X4)
    MJX F645 F45
    JXD Drift King
    Dynam-JetRanger370

Hi Spirittoo welcome to the form i see that you have lots of helis in your hanger. I have the Syma S031G its close to the same as your 33,23.. I unplug the battery from the heli then i charge the battery. How long have you been flying helis the reason i ask is the syma brand is vary poor quality if you want something that works better i would get a 4 channel heli then you wont be wasting time and money on a heli that doesn't work that great. If i was you i would get a 4ch heli and like the rest of us here you wont look back. Good luck with everything
    Last edited by 67sam; 01-10-2013 at 09:46 AM.

i do not disconnect the battery wire harness when charging. it is there to prevent drainage if you store it for extended periods. bottom line, it could be just as well hard wired inside your chopper. i also have a real fondness to the syma products and have only had one 107 that was defective upon delivery. the rest of my hanger of 7 including selections of the s032g, 107g, and 033g are impecable. i also have a viefly 388 medium size and really dig it for both snappy indoor use and fully responsive outdoor use in low breeze conditions. don't let anyone hurt your feelings about symas. they are great choppers for people like me that dont want to bother with having to be outside or develop super human hand eye coordination. happy flying and please respond to my 033 charging light situation when you set yours up.

ps
    i teach high school and after hours the gym is a GREAT place for the big one.

Official Member

Exclamation OMG! My S023 Stopped Working!!!!!

I don't know what happen. I was taking it on its second flight. At first it flew fine.

I had to stop for a second so I landed it. Then for a moment it would not do anything when I tried flying again. I played around with the TX and it flew again. I was interrupted so I set it down to land. I came back and again nothing.

At times I would hear that the TX and RX making contact, but the blades will not move. I charged it until the green light when out, then I waited for it to cool down. It sat overnight and most of the day before I charged it.

As I stated it flew fine at first. You have this model do you have any idea what the problem is? I just got this model yesterday. I can't believe it is defective.
    V911(X4)
    MJX F645 F45
    JXD Drift King
    Dynam-JetRanger370

One of the reasons Is because the tx is infared them helis are junk they all do that at some point its just a toy heli. They cant be fixed trust me we all tryed. Do yourself a favour and get a 4ch heli they use 2.4ghz for their tx and then you wont have that problem you get what you pay for in this hobby. If you want to advance in this hobby get a 4ch heli and that would be a good start.

Actually that one is 27MHz Sam.... Spirit it sounds like you may have gotten one with either a bad controller board or transmitter.... Can you send it back for replacement?

Sam does make a good point Spirit... Take a look at a heli called "Big Lama". It would be a great starter heli. The electronics are much much better with the same stability as you get in a Syma.
    Last edited by Flygirl; 01-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Fg they work the same. They are both junk . You are right on the Big Lama them helis are great

Official Member

Arrow Tried different TX

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Actually that one is 27MHz Sam.... Spirit it sounds like you may have gotten one with either a bad controller board or transmitter.... Can you send it back for replacement?

Sam does make a good point Spirit... Take a look at a heli called "Big Lama". It would be a great starter heli. The electronics are much much better with the same stability as you get in a Syma.
    Howdy Flygirl ... well sir ... I tried the TX that came with the S033 it's the same. The 023 flew but kept wanting to go backward and drift. I crash and then the same problem nothing ... guess something is defective with the controller board.. I will contact amazon and make arrangement to return it. This is the first one of the Syma's I got that doesn't work. Don't know about the S033 yet ... will be able to check it out Saturday when the weather is above 50. Hopefully no ... the "Big Lama" is quite a lot, I got all four of my mini syma's for that price. I will take a chance on a replacement ... I'll go over the reviews at amazon and see if anyone was able to correct the problem.
    V911(X4)
    MJX F645 F45
    JXD Drift King
    Dynam-JetRanger370

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast