Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walkera Master CP help needed with Servo

Official Member

Walkera Master CP help needed with Servo

Hi, newbie flyer here looking for some advise.

Just bought this Heli today, first time flying the heli and i've had a big crash with it.

My problem with it is when I start up im getting a buzzing noise coming from the servo and when moving the Aileron stick and Elevator stick I am getting no movement on the Blades.

The helicopter also does not take off it just stays on ground with full accelerator.

I've attached a video to show what I mean.

At first I was having trouble getting the heli off the ground and managed to get it airborne but it crashed and hit on the blades and one of the Ball linkage pins came off which I've put back on.

Also if I hold the Heli and move the throttle up slowly and move the Rudder control to the right the Tail motor goes very fast but moving to the left does not move the Tail motor at all.

Does anyone have any help as to what my problem is please ?

Thanks

Kevin

It looks like your elevator servo is dead, check connections, may need new servo.

You trashed a servo, you are hearing the servo motor spinning. Since the gear is gone, the servo has no centering feedback signal.
    Time for one or more new servos.
    These servos DON'T TAKE CRASHING WELL.
    To Fly is Heavenly, To Hover is Divine

Align TREX 500PRO DFC 3GX -my new GT-R
    Trex 450 V2/V3 Custom CF Align/EXI Build-My Ferrari
    BlueRay 450 CNC upgraded
    QR LABYBIRD Quad
    WK2801 PRO TX /RX

Official Member
    Hi guys thanks for replies.

I guessed the Servos may be stripped. Been told I can get Metal Gear ones for it (WK-7.6-9) but I cannot source any in the UK at the moment so will have to order Stock ones for now.

The rudder problem I will try post a video later to show what that problem is because it does not seem right to me.

Thanks

Kevin

Looks like you have two servos dead, not just one!

The way the tail is operating is correct - Tail rotors with independent motors compensate through the gyro for the torque created by the main rotor to keep the heli straight. Notice the fixed pitch blades attached to tail - When the heli nose goes right the tail motor slows/stops / when nose goes left the tail motor will increase speed.

The helis with adjustable/controlled pitch tails spin in relationship to the head at all times --- Hope this helps
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Official Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang67 View Post
    Looks like you have two servos dead, not just one!

The way the tail is operating is correct - Tail rotors with independent motors compensate through the gyro for the torque created by the main rotor to keep the heli straight. Notice the fixed pitch blades attached to tail - When the heli nose goes right the tail motor slows/stops / when nose goes left the tail motor will increase speed.

The helis with adjustable/controlled pitch tails spin in relationship to the head at all times --- Hope this helps
    Thanks for that, so i'm safe just getting 3 new Servos. I've had a email from a local store that is going to fit the servos for me and show how to do it.

Wish I could get the Metal Gear ones in UK but still canot find them yet.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Tucker View Post
    Thanks for that, so i'm safe just getting 3 new Servos. I've had a email from a local store that is going to fit the servos for me and show how to do it.

Wish I could get the Metal Gear ones in UK but still canot find them yet.

Kevin
    google this,,,Master CP Metal Gear Walkera HM-Master CP-Z-28

http://www.moonhobby.com/master-cp-m...8-p-63569.html

google this and order from china, freights not bad but might take a few more days,,,,Master CP Metal Gear Walkera HM-Master CP-Z-28

Official Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrydyr View Post
    google this and order from china, freights not bad but might take a few more days,,,,Master CP Metal Gear Walkera HM-Master CP-Z-28
    Thanks Ghostrydyr,

I have ordered 3 from RC711.com

27 plus shipping for all 3 so not too bad. Would be same price for 3 stock ones from my supplier

Going to try the servo saver mod which I have been recommended to do also.

Thanks

Kevin

Official Member
    Well the Servos are on the way from China today so should be here soon.

For replacing them is it just a case of taking the old 3 out then putting these in the place ?

Anything else I would need to do ? Been trying to look for a guide to do this but cannot find anything.

Thanks

Kevin

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast