Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on 450 build

Newbie Member

Advice on 450 build

I am relatively new to RC helicopters though use to fly planes quite a bit. I will ask the question for likely the buzillionth time. I am going to build an exi 450. I have been doing research on many sites. I want to know which exi to go with as I see about 3 versions i.e. plastic, sport, pro. I also am looking for component lists. I don't necessarily need to go the cheapest though don't want to spend a ton if not needed. I am also curious what the thoughts are on the 9 channel FS that Xheli offers. I was thinking of a DX6I then saw this. One factor is I want to be able to have more than 1 machine programming and not sure if Xheli's offers this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i dont see any exi helis that are in stock. the fs th9x radio will operate 8 models and is a good beginer tx for the price.

I asked about that one too Pen. I was wondering about a Futaba radio vs the Fly Sky. I got replies from some who had it and said it was good and also some who said it didn't hold up over time. I was just looking at the ad.... It really doesn't say how many models it can hold does it?
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Peno - If you are fairly new to hobby flight, I would suggest you pick a name brand & stick with them!

Futaba or Spektrum both Great Brands!!!

Later if you like fiddling so much it will include your radio gear - have at it my friend. Keep it simple and high profile customer support backed for now

Many nice 9 Channel radio systems out there - Hi-Tec Aurora 9 for one. ---- Dx8 for cross plane/heli (even better if you got the $$$ Dx1 Futaba T8FG --- Tactic fyi is manufactured by FUT. ---- Dx6i, if your an RC addict you will want more soon after purchase/programming understood wise Lol --- The 9x fry sky & Er9x platforms are more expandable cloned versions of the Spektrum platforms.

Good Luck Peno
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Legendary Member
    HK has an orange rx DSM2 transmitter with 10 model memory for 69.00 bux without shipping. it is currently on back order. it has features that the dx6i does not have. the 10 model memory from what i read cannot actually name the plane or heli name to each model memory from 1- 10. ie. model 1 is simply just that and you have to know what that modle name is off a list or in your head. i ordered one the day it came out couple of weeks ago and has been shipped but still in china post office. it is a clone of the dx6i IMO and if it is as good as the orange rx dsm2, then it is an excellent buy. the orange rx for 5.95 has never ever failed me yet on my 400 heli and skyfun jet in glitches, brown outs, and lost of signal or what ever flaw you want to add. if it as good as i believe it will be, i will order another one, 'just because'.

Is that right Bully?? $5.95?? Holy Bejebus.....
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Legendary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Is that right Bully?? $5.95?? Holy Bejebus.....
    5.95 and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    5.95 and it's amazing.
    I have no problem with Orange RX satellites on my $2500 heli.
    See there under the tail boom block?

SAB Goblin 700 with Align 700MX motor and OS 1100HV 100A ESC...JR 8717's on cyclic and throttle...BeastX and Savox 2227HV BLS on the tail...All controlled with a Futaba T8FGS

Legendary Member
    yep, the orange is amazing except i would be too scared to add it to my 700 Gobby at close to 3 thousand.. LOL

sweet canopy ernie! peno , sorry we got hung up on the tx and forgot the bird. if ya can swing it and want a 450 id suggest looking at the tarot brand helis , slightly more cost than most clones but less to replace to have a good flying machine. tarot super combos seem to me to be a good deal , add a tx and rx and your equipped for flight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast