Thread: Unhappy Stock E-Razor Charger Problem?Battery or Charger

Newbie Member

Unhappy Stock E-Razor Charger Problem?Battery or Charger

Hey guy. i have a stock E-razor carbon fiber 450. im having a bit of a problem troubleshooting whats going on with my charger or battery. i have the stock balance charger, charger rate is 1A. but anyway. i went to connect the battery to the balance charger upside down the wrong way on accident. i heard a little spark. not paying any attention i put it on the right way and it never charged after 2 hours. Now Before i plug the battery in, the led light is green, then when i connect it, it beeps and the led light goes red and dosent charge. Is this due to my Battery or my Charger, i have a new battery on the way. i just hope i didnt pay money that i didnt need if something wrong with the balance charger. it sounds like to me that it would be the battery and the charger not allowing itself to charge. hope somebody could put there input on this. thanks

Platinum Member
    Odds are, you blew a circuit in the charger; it's unlikely the battery was damaged, as it can provide enough current to melt its wires. Doesn't hurt to have a spare battery - you can be charging one while flying the other. I'd take this opportunity to get a better charger, one that displays cell voltage, charge current, and amount of charge.

Newbie Member
    this is what it's doing. i hope i didnt blow a circuit. i dont know where i can get another one of the stock balance charger under 20$. here a video on what the charger looks like and what it doing

Scotty, WintrSol is dead on with his recommendation. Go grab a decent balance charger and you can actually see what the battery cells are doing. I bought a Tenergy TB6B on Amazon and love it. It comes with a bunch of different commonly used connectors to connect to the battery and you can charge it off the car battery and also off the home 110 v outlet. Really glad I got it!
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Scotty, WintrSol is dead on with his recommendation. Go grab a decent balance charger and you can actually see what the battery cells are doing. I bought a Tenergy TB6B on Amazon and love it. It comes with a bunch of different commonly used connectors to connect to the battery and you can charge it off the car battery and also off the home 110 v outlet. Really glad I got it!
    How much did that charger runs? can i charge the e-razor 450 batteries with it?

Newbie Member
    im trying to look for one under 25 bucks.that's all i can afford

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboi90 View Post
    How much did that charger runs? can i charge the e-razor 450 batteries with it?
    Yep sure will.... It charges just about everything plus it will cycle batteries and also put a storage charge on them.

Name:  41qDeI6T0KL.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  24.2 KB

Unfortunately it's around $50....
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Yep sure will.... It charges just about everything plus it will cycle batteries and also put a storage charge on them.

Name:  41qDeI6T0KL.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  24.2 KB

Unfortunately it's around $50....
    Thank you very much. although i did found a dynam balance charger for 10 bucks, i will look forward to the 50$ balance charger your talking about when i have the money. just doing the simple stuff right at the moment until i learn to fly the 6ch after graduating the 4ch. and the e-razor happen to be my first 6ch. all the post and forum that i read about the e razor, wasent all that positive,all my friends roll with the blades 450 and the t rex's s and they tell me to go for the blades. but i like my e-razor lol

I'm with ya Scotty! I like the off brands too although my Hausler 450 SE V2 has become half Align T-Rex over time
    Lauren

Currently flying:

hobbyking usa warehouse has a variety of chargers for the price your looking for .