Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade MSR and MSR V2

Blade MSR and MSR V2

I got my Blade MSR V2 today. Flew it and I have to say DAMMMM. Love this thing. With the new 25c batterys it felt like I was flying for a 1/2 hour (I know I wasn't lol ). This little heli is smooth and responsive. I flew a 9958 in the house but this little bird make a 9958 look bad. When they say you get what you pay for they are not jokeing with this bird.
    The MSR is worth every penny. Even with the toy RTF tx. In which has a smoother, better feeling to the sticks than the same looking 9958's.

I'll have my unboxing and reveiw later along with what all comes in the new V2 package.

Do I regret shelling out over $100.00 for a 4ch FP/FB? Not on the MSR. Do I regret after my 9958 flew away paying over $100.00 for the Super FP before the MSR? YES
    I do know now that a 120sr will have a place waiting for it here.
    .....Blade 550X....AMA card holder.... Lynx and Fusuno Team.....................
    Blade: Nano QX, Nano CPX, Lynx'ed 300XL DFC and 450XL, Goblin 570 in build.
    DX8 transmitter, Phoenix 5 sim.

A short clip. I would like to thank Horizon Hobby for throwing in the red canopy/tail as a Christmas present. They knew with my MS something about the blue canopy's my eyes can't focus on them to track them properly.

Un-boxing vid coming soon.
    .....Blade 550X....AMA card holder.... Lynx and Fusuno Team.....................

I knew you were gonna like that one....! SMOOTH flying Rich! But, um, shouldn't that go back in the box until next week young man?
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (Flying)
    X525 sport quad frame, NAZA M-Lite w/GPS, Afro 20A ESC, DJI 920KV motors (Flying)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Gold Member
    I figured that after the time you spent with the Super that you would be ready for the MSR. Now the MSR can help prep you for the S-FP down the road.
    Looks like some pretty hot thumb action going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I knew you were gonna like that one....! SMOOTH flying Rich! But, um, shouldn't that go back in the box until next week young man?
    NOoooo (said like a little kid. )

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTVENTURE View Post
    I figured that after the time you spent with the Super that you would be ready for the MSR. Now the MSR can help prep you for the S-FP down the road.
    Looks like some pretty hot thumb action going on there.
    It fly's great. Uploading the un-boxing now. 4 hour upload. you tube is slow.

Things I did today.
    Put on a Super FP/Mini CP tail blade. 2 thumbs up on this.Tail is super responsive. Did notice seemed like less throdle needed and less drop in right turns.
    he he he. Found a slight cross the board Expo setting change. Not a lot but makes a diffrence. Don't know if its just me or for real.
    1. Hold both sticks all the way up and left and hold them there.
    2. Turn tx on.
    3. It beeps but wait for a very slight change in pitch (about 5 clocked sec's).
    4. Let go of sticks.
    5. Put throttle all the way down.
    6. Plug in heli.

I was doing pero's and funnels today with this set up and short links, low rates. In my small living room.
    Last edited by Rich Knapp; 12-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Gold Member
    I hate a show-off.
    Next, you need to see if you can pick ornamets off the Christmas tree.
    (you didn't get that idea from me.)

It has to be tested to see if it needs to go back. lol

I hate a show-off.
    Next, you need to see if you can pick ornamets off the Christmas tree.
    (you didn't get that idea from me.)
    lol What tree. We don't put one up. It's not that we don't like them just nobody comes to our place for the Holidays. We get together at other peoples homes, so we don't go threw all the work of putting one up then taking it down.

BTW: 1 thing I did notice with the Expo setting deal was a little tail twitch.
    Last edited by Rich Knapp; 12-18-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Gold Member
    I understand the tree situation. But since both my daughter and grand-daughter live with me, the tree is mandatory. Along with enough presents underneath to hold the whole thing up.
    I don't think that I ever used the stock radio with my MSR, since I already had the DX6i. And a shortage of AA batteries. I've never noticed any twitching with mine.
    I need to go find some popcorn so I'll be ready to sit back and enjoy your presentation.

I understand the tree situation. But since both my daughter and grand-daughter live with me, the tree is mandatory. Along with enough presents underneath to hold the whole thing up.
    I don't think that I ever used the stock radio with my MSR, since I already had the DX6i. And a shortage of AA batteries. I've never noticed any twitching with mine.
    I need to go find some popcorn so I'll be ready to sit back and enjoy your presentation.
    When I don't do the Expo setting thing and just use the tx high and low, the tail is rock solid. Maybe its not ment to do this Expo thing. lol

All this time its only at 77% uploaded.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast