Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats happened here

Whats happened here

this is a great forum, always has had a good mix of old and new opinions and ideas, now it seems the mojo is gone, what has happened here,, i was gone for what is a mere second in terms of the progression of technoglogy and advances in the the hobby , but there seems to be a hugh rift in the posting, im looking at post that have been around since the post first inception,some 2-3 months old and still going with many different topics, accordingly when the subject matter has run it course, there are multiple issue in the same thread , and the main post always gets losts in translation if you will,guys, girls, rotorheads,dont be afraid to open your own post in the proper catagory and say whats going on with your stuff,, or on your mind,even if it peters out and get 0 or few responses it gives new life to the forum for all of us and new nonmembers to look at whats relevant to them at the time.if you not sure where to post just ask in any post or thread and we can direct to where to post your own topic to get answers,,,,, quit riding other post if you have something to say other than what the op was asking, this place looks confusing and tired to new people looking for answers because the answers are all jumbled up in the endless sometimes meaningless post,im guilty too , just an observation since ive been away, ive learned everything i know thru the people here and thru another million hrs of google and links,,,,,still learning and hate to see it so blah,,,

feedback and comments welcome,,,dont be shy this place is really need a make over from us, the site was upgraded last year and it seem that while the hobby is peaking , this forum is in a trough,,,,
    Last edited by Ghostrydyr; 12-14-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Could be that the weather has taken it's toll on the participation of this forum. Just a guess though. I'm still flying when I can, and participating here when I have something to add to a thread that I think is helpful. Hope all is well with you Ghost.
    Mark the apprentice pilot.

Blade msr, Tarot 450 FBL, Trex 500E FBL, Rush 700,
    IOM, Soling 50 (RC Sailboats)

Time of year maybe, always seems to slow down every year about this time. After christmas it should pick up when everybody get new stuff to fly.

Dave F
    Farmer's Flying Service

Newbie Member
    I think alot of people have migrated over to heli freak. With all the videos and how to's. Just my opinon
    Blade 450 Pro, Nano CPX
    T-rex 250 DFC Pro 3GX
    Walkera V120do2s, CB180 D & Z.
    Heli-Max 200 FP

Part of it might be a result of Kaos being banned and Evan leaving as a result....obviously not the whole reason but they were major contributors to the forum and I personally miss havin' em around....
    عظيم أن نراكم مرة أخرى بالإرسال الرجل
    Altitude, head-speed and skill.....Two of the three are needed to stay in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Part of it might be a result of Kaos being banned and Evan leaving as a result....obviously not the whole reason but they were major contributors to the forum and I personally miss havin' em around....
    عظيم أن نراكم مرة أخرى بالإرسال الرجل
    For the record, as much as I (and a few others) were at odds with Kaos, I do miss him in my own way. He did have and share a lot of knowledge (as well as his unique perspectives) with us. That said, IMO he pretty much sealed his own fate here. As far as Evan goes, it was his own decision to leave. He apparently is still a member, and I hope he'll find his way back to the forums someday as, like you said, Timeless, he was a major contributor to the forums. The rest is up to those of us who remain......

For my part, I got my start in the RC hobby right here, and I intend to remain here as long as I remain in the hobby and as long as these forums exist. I, like others , have become active in other forums and spend a fair amount of my time elsewhere these days. Even so, I check in here three or four times a day to see what's going on, and even though I don't contribute to the extent I used to, I still consider these forums an important part of the hobby, my social life, and in a way, my home. I've made a lot of friends here. Many have moved on to "greener" pastures in the form of other forums, some are no longer in the hobby, a few still pop in once in a while, and a good many are still here on a more or less regular basis.
    That said, I want to say, I treasure and respect each and every one of you, for your help, your knowledge, your questions, your advice, your desire to learn, your desire to teach. Like any community, we have our disagreements, our individual likes and dislikes, but we are still all here for the same purpose; to learn about the hobby, become better at whatever it is we fly or drive, and hopefully work together to pass our knowledge, skill, and experience down the line to those who are where we once were........
    Last edited by 65l88; 12-16-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Marty

Trex 500 flybarless, Tarot 450 Pro Flybarless, EXI 450 v3, Trex 250 Flybarless, HBFP X 2, Blade CX2, Blade 120 SR, Blade mSR X 2, Blade mCX2 X2, mCPXv1 brushless C05m, mCPX brushless HP05s, mCPX v2 stock

Well said Marty. Well said. Like most people here, I've learned most everything I know about RC helis here and have made some good friends along the way. A lot of those friends don't seem to be here much any more, most likely for the reasons you listed and I guess thats why I haven't been around like I used too. Perhaps I should pop in more often. I'm sure the unfamiliar names I see have questions, can offer up their help, and in general, just as much fun as the friends I had that have left..'
    Syma S107
    Nine Eagles Solo Pro 260A
    Walkera #5-10
    Exceed Madhawk 300 (original)
    F-16D Fighting Falcon

Official Member
    what did Kaos do that got him banned?

its cold and raining... I thought that seeing as kids seem to have this video game induced hand eye coordination advantage I shouldnt miss the boat so I got an Xbox...
    Gaui x5 FBL yesssss! yesssss!
    T-REX 600N The Big T OS 50 -DS610 Spartan Gyro
    Velocity 50 FBL -O.S50 Align 610's Robobird G31
    Dragonus II Pro, Tarot 450 Pro RobirdG31 FBL solar servos, Blade McpX(s)
    Thunder Tiger Mini Titan (workin on it... )

ULŪ Certified TT gear tester....

Quote Originally Posted by himilou View Post
    its cold and raining... I thought that seeing as kids seem to have this video game induced hand eye coordination advantage I shouldnt miss the boat so I got an Xbox...
    Yeah, some of that rain made it over here and turned to snow.....
    Marty

Trex 500 flybarless, Tarot 450 Pro Flybarless, EXI 450 v3, Trex 250 Flybarless, HBFP X 2, Blade CX2, Blade 120 SR, Blade mSR X 2, Blade mCX2 X2, mCPXv1 brushless C05m, mCPX brushless HP05s, mCPX v2 stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast