Thread: gravedigger!

gravedigger!

So I recently got a gravedigger 16th scale brushed with a motorcycle.... two for one right?!! anyway, while supporting my local hobby store I bought a second battery for it so we could get longer run times. Its running longer and I think it's a bit more livelier with two but I wanted to know about the maintenance of the brushed motor especially since longer runs means more heat and then more ware n tear. So, with that being said, what would be better for an electric truggy that will be all over the place in all kinds of messy situations.... also I don't run it with body/shell on. It would be ruined by now if I did. This brushed motor ain't playing games, can't run it without it flipping back.

here are the specs....
    motor is Titan 12t 550
    xl 2.5 esc
    2216 reciver 27 MHZ
    2x series 1 power cell 1200 MAH 7.2v NiMH bat.

thanks
    Lets get airborne and have safe fun!
    HT-FPV quad with NAZA-m and GPS, Gopro hero3gimbal, 500mw a/v tx/rx, screw planar antennas, AR8000 rx
    Spektrum Dx7s 9" LCD monitor, 3200mAh, 5300mAh lipos
    Eagle 50 with oem parts and Wk-2602
    Eagle 50 with turnigy motors and ESCs, super skidz, & Wk-2601- parts only
    Heli-Max 1SQ MICRO QUAD, DoubleHorse 9101 and Traxxas Grave Digger for my wife.

Newbie Member
    Hey there, I have a brushed 1/16 grace digger too. Since you do not run the carwithout a body it must get some dirt and stuff in small spaces. I would get a air duster can and spray out the whole car after a run. Also grap some ed-40
    And spray down the car after a run. Also maybe every three or four weeks change the shock oil with 40 or 50wt pupil. And after every run tighten that big silver screw on the motor just so it does not get loose and strip ur gears. Hope this helps

yes it does...... Thanks!
    Can i Put same voltage lipo on this brushed motor?
    HT-FPV quad with NAZA-m and GPS, Gopro hero3gimbal, 500mw a/v tx/rx, screw planar antennas, AR8000 rx

Blackwing - you can run a 7.2 lipo. There are many NiMh choices out ther for you though! 7.2V - 9.6V

Hobbypartz has some stick & hump packs reasonably priced - you will just need to do some connector soldering.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/nimhbatteries1.html

As for your whellie issue - you want to ease on the gas OR you can back the tension off a bit on your clutch --- 1/4 turn or less until traction seems more manageable ------ Your gravedigger is 2 wheel drive, and you are running large wheels, you will have to get use to it

Traxxas has alot of aftermarket parts options - I bet there is a wheelie bar out there for your kit!

Brushed motors do get a bit hot, and don't last as long as brushless - You can get special formulated motor cleaner from your LHS - Blow the motor out with that sfter you run & the motor cools some ---- When you clean a motor you want to lube the bearings with some tri-flow or similar.

Good Luck, and happy car crushing
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Great! I'll go lipo..... 9.6v you say?? Awesome. I guess I'll look for an upgrade but the brushed motor is gonna give us our fun first Thanks the the cleaning tips too.

9.6V are gonna be NiMh - look on the link I posted - otherwise 7.2V lipos is what you are looking for!

Measure the openings the batteries rest in so you can accurately compare the size requirements to new lipo physical size size specs
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

great tip! Thanks