Thread: What rc 4+4 to get

What rc 4+4 to get

Hi guys i was thinking on getting a 4+4 what is a good choice electric or nitro what is the difference. I would like it to be water proof. What do you recommend. Thanks EDIT Ps Its just for playing around in the back yard and sometimes the grass is wet or little puddles it dont need to go fast just something that`s water proof and tuff
    Last edited by 67sam; 12-06-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Do i have this posted in the right place

There are some decent middle road platforms on nitrorcx, but so many hop ups on the market for the Traxxas brand it's not funny!

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...ash4x4platinum
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Sam did you get the PM's i sent back to you. Hope thats helpful. Really like the Revo and all the hop up parts you can get such as the RC Solutions Roll Cage, and the Outerwears water proof cover. I get 20 minutes of runtime easy on my 5000mah 4-6S. Like this model because like a car and a monster truck and throw in a few of the aluminum parts(do think the rollcage is a must) and really a tough car, also put the wheelie bar on it, did have to mod that though to work with the rollcage, but like being able to go from street to dirt and whatever. Ill have to film some jump videos at my Dads house. He has this long gravel drive thats elevated, i can get 10-15 yards of air jumping the side of it(when his dog is not chasing it lol) , and the car holds up real well on these jumps. One thought, i really like the stock radio gets great range, had tried a DX3 model controller and had horrible range, think only good for a track, so made the switch back to the stock tx.

really like these RC Solutions Rollcages, whatever car you get

aluminum steering knuckles a nice add on for tracking

like these aluminum bulkheads and steering control, the street car has hitec servos for handling, blue one stock servos

wheelie bar very nice to keep from damaging the car and fin

went with titanium pivot posts and aluminum rockers, blue is progressive 2, red progressive 3 and stiffer suspension

many options, i had broken three sets of the stock plastic bulkeads and went to the aluminum integys and not a problem since, lessens the maintenance overall to the cars definitely
    RPM True Track rear A-Arms a nice addition as well and eliminates the need for one of the turnbuckles, easier alignment.

The tires on the left are by far my favorite, Pro Line Mashers on Axial 8 spoke rims, 40 size. Have to gear a bit lower but great tires both for pavement and off road, last a super long time. Definitley watch some you tube vids and build them yourself and belt them with the Gorilla Glue Duct Tape, not too much, its strong, and also just more durable if you take care to ca glue the tires on yourself, very durable.
    Last edited by OSU-Buckeye; 12-07-2012 at 09:10 AM.

If you decide on nitro I would recommend buying elsewhere (ie. your local hobby shop). I say that because I have had nothing but problems with my Nitro Thunder Fire I purchased from NitroRCX, however I also purchased an Electric Thunder Fire from NitroRCX, water proofed it and I play with it on a daily basis. Snow, puddles, dirt not a problem. As a matter of fact it gets used so much I had to replace the motor. Just my opinion.
    Exceed Nitro Thunder Fire, Exceed Electric Thunder Fire,
    Losi Ten T, HPI Savage, HPI Mini Recon

I got your pm Ted Thanks. I`m not going with nitro K-OB and i dont have a LHS thanks for the info