Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: V911 problem, suggestions?

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBob View Post
    Ooh you have some fun ahead of you. Too bad about those bad batteries, did the heli come with one or 2? Which V911 did you order, too? Yellow, Perl White, or the other colors?
    The 9998 only comes with one battery. I'm trying to get a new battery sent from where I got it, but no response yet. They are out of stock at ThinkRC, and I haven't found any other US supplier that carries them yet. Although it looks like the 9958 battery could be the same as the 9998, but I'm not sure. They look exactly the same.

The 9998:
    Name:  tn_300x300_9998-20.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  6.7 KB

9958:
    Name:  yhst-94582326164583_2237_347729707.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  4.7 KB

I'd buy a couple from here at XHeli if I can confirm that they will fit.

Anyways, should be a blue/white V911 from XHeli (though I told them it doesn't matter); from Banggood it will be either the red/white or the orange/black. I clicked the optional color as well so as not to slow things even further.

Official Member
    Those 2 batteries are the exact same, both 150mah (amount of juice a battery has in it), and both the same tip. It will have no problems using that battery.

Now for the V911, the Yelliw-colored & Perl-White V911 are both a year newer than your traditional V911 models. Which is why I ask. The newer model (yellow V911 & Perl white) fly better in straight lines but doesn't fly in circles like the older V911 is famous for. It's a personal preference.

I have 2 new & 2 old models. The 2nd new model is a spare for parts.
    Bob, the newbie pilot & my fleet.

-DoubleHorse 9053, rebadged as hero853.
    -DoubleHorse 9117. -DoubleHorse 9104.
    -Syma S110G. -Syma S800G. Syma S032G.
    -WLtoys V911 x3. -WLtoys V929. -WLtoys V202.
    -HJtoys MiniPet.
    -GWtoys 9958.
    -MJX X200. -MJX F45.
    -Walkera Super FP.
    -Nine Eagles SP100.

Official Member
    Also, the old models are still being manufactured. I heard they're manufacturing them with newer landing skids that use a different battery tip. I don't know if the newer yellow/Perl white models use it yet.
    Bob, the newbie pilot & my fleet.

-DoubleHorse 9053, rebadged as hero853.
    -DoubleHorse 9117. -DoubleHorse 9104.
    -Syma S110G. -Syma S800G. Syma S032G.
    -WLtoys V911 x3. -WLtoys V929. -WLtoys V202.
    -HJtoys MiniPet.
    -GWtoys 9958.
    -MJX X200. -MJX F45.
    -Walkera Super FP.
    -Nine Eagles SP100.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBob View Post
    Also, the old models are still being manufactured. I heard they're manufacturing them with newer landing skids that use a different battery tip. I don't know if the newer yellow/Perl white models use it yet.
    The one I had and the ones on the way all have the newer tip. (Small white tip as opposed to the older 'skid' type larger black tip).
    I was unaware that there was any other differences other than the updated battery tip.
    Flying it in a straight line would be a welcome change for me.

Newbie Member
    Someone asked for some video earlier (Flygirl, I think), so I put together a short 2 part video of some flight in the garage. The first part is just throttle control with no other input, because I'm holding the camera in my right hand. The second part, the camera is fixed; I think you can see where I used some sideways control to try and keep the copter in the frame.
    As a note, after I shot this, I took the whole main rotor assembly apart; took the main lower gear off to make sure it wasn't warped, and put it all back together, flybar loosened.....No difference.

Here you go..

Last edited by FoeDog; 12-20-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: video problems

Wow.... That IS bad....! If you hold it down while bringing up the throttle, and you look at the plane of the rotor head while the blades are spinning, does it stay in one place or is it moving around possibly tilting? To me that looks like there is a flybar problem or seesaw issue for sure.... If the flybar is parallel to the ground are the seesaws even?
    Last edited by Flygirl; 12-20-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    Freewing Pandora (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Wow.... That IS bad....! If you hold it down while bringing up the throttle, and you look at the plane of the rotor head while the blades are spinning, does it stay in one place or is it moving around possibly tilting? To me that looks like there is a flybar problem or seesaw issue for sure.... If the flybar is parallel to the ground are the seesaws even?
    It'd be fine if I lived in a gymnasium....no not even then.
    I've since boxed it up and sent it back for replacement, but I did do that; held it by the skids and brought up the throttle to see if anything looked loose or funny. It all seemed fine, no tilting or wobbling. Tried it with the flybar loose and with it tighter. Switched to the shorter ball ends on the swashplate (just to try something). Switched to the inner holes on the servo as well. Took off the main gear, made sure it wasn't warped....main rotor shaft straight as an arrow, no hair wrapped around anything. Put her back together and... Same as it ever was....same as it ever was....
    At least the process of taking it apart and putting it back together made me understand how it works; I learned a few things...like I need a set of tiny screwdrivers tiny tweezers, tiny pliers, and a bigger magnifying glass than I already have. And if you bounce that screw off the table, its gone. (unless you want to crawl around for half an hour and get lucky.

Maybe a dumb question, but what are the seesaws?
    Last edited by FoeDog; 12-21-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Don't sweat it FD.... I just looked at a pic of the V911. It doesn't have the kind of seesaw I was talking about. The piece on yours that is like a seesaw is the piece that allows the flybar to pivot. On a Bell Mixing Rotor Head, which I thought the V911 had, there are two pieces mounted opposite each other on the head that look like seesaws viewed from the side. Like this....

Name:  Firefox-part--font-b-seesaw-b-font-41167-mixer-arms-to-Art-tech-4CH-2.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  7.0 KB

By adjusting these you can increase or decrease the effects of the flybar I think and if they aren't adjusted right and equal it can make the heli do some weird stuff.
    Last edited by Flygirl; 12-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (In Repair)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)

Newbie Member
    Update!
    I finally received the replacement V911 from Xheli....I'm sure if it was any other time but the holidays it might have been quicker, but I'm not complaining. They did not have any in stock when I first contacted them with the problem, but once they got some in they sent one out.
    All I gotta say is WOW. Thank the Lords of Kobol (and Xheli) ; I can actually fly this one indoors. This heli is pretty snappy. I can see why it is so popular. Had to do some forwards/right trimming with the controller; then I found a thread detailing mechanical trimming. Followed those instructions and this thing hovers pretty well in the house with only one or two beeps on the trim buttons. A small cyclic rotation at times, and the 'pendulum' effect when releasing inputs, but damn...this thing is pretty cool.
    I'm happy. Xheli did me right on the replacement.

Got a couple more questions though. One thing, if standing behind it while its hoveling, tail towards you, it always tilts to the right. It doesn't move to the right; it stays in place, but it always stays a little banked to the right. Any way to mechanically correct this?
    Also, while waiting to receive the replacement, I ordered some spare batteries thru Amazon.com, from Halley R Us.
    They are upgraded batteries; 200 mah from the standard 130 mah that come stock. The connectors fit fine, but the 200 mah batteries are alot bigger. I'm sure they weigh more. I haven't tried them yet, does anyone think this will be a problem? Maybe the extra weight will stabilize it more, or maybe it wont matter at all?
    Here's a pic. Stock battery on top, 200mah upgrade on the bottom:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V911 batteries.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	6951

I'll probably try it the new ones tomorrow anyways, but they look big.
    Again, not complaining, I am very VERY happy with this bird.

Thanks again to all who have helped me through this!
    I've picked up a couple more heli's since this happened, we will talk about them later.

Happy for you Foedog!

Usually a larger mah battery will be physically larger as well. Think of batteries as gas tanks and mah as the capacity of the gas tank. A 10 gallon tank will be a bit smaller than a 15 gallon tank. When you use the higher capacity battery check how it affects your center of gravity before flying. With the flybar perpendicular to the body of the helicopter, lift the heli by the flybar with your fingertips. As you raise it the skids should remain parallel to the surface it was sitting on. If it doesn't then add or reduce weight forward or aft of the center of gravity until they do lift off the ground parallel.

And don't sweat the lean. All single rotor helis do it, It's just more obvious on the very light weight birds.

So glad you are having fun!
    Lauren

Currently flying:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast