Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Heli Is your All-Time Favorite?

Jeez what a beautiful machine! I was watching a couple of YouTube vids last night that showed some guys doing something I hadn't seen before. It was xtreme low head speed 3D and it was incredible to watch. It was like you were doing here sort of. What I liked is that I could actually see what was going on because it was slow and graceful almost. I can watch normal 3D and be amazed but honestly I haven't a clue what is going on in each element. With these guys doing the low head speed I could see what was happening. So even though that was easy flight for you, to me it was what I see as my goal. Thx for posting that!
    Ps I love the sound yours makes!
    Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (Flying)
    X525 sport quad frame, NAZA M-Lite w/GPS, Afro 20A ESC, DJI 920KV motors (Flying)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)
    ParkZone Radian motor/glider (Flying)
    FlyZone Cessna Corvalis 350 (Flying)
    FreeWing Seagull (Flying)
    YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/RobisonRacing68

Here is that vid of the low head speed 3D. Amazing stuff!

Lauren

Currently flying:
    DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/ NAZA-M Lite/GPS, FatShark v2 FPV with Immersion 600mW VTx (Flying)
    X525 sport quad frame, NAZA M-Lite w/GPS, Afro 20A ESC, DJI 920KV motors (Flying)
    Y-6 Scorpion with NAZA M V2 w/GPS, Afro 30a ESC, 3DR motors, Tarot T2D with GoPro 3+ Silver (Flying)

Newbie Member
    Fly girl: For some reason I couldn't link with the web site you posted. The AeroSky quad is a bunch of fun. You can program it for beginner or expert flying. It's 14"x14" fairly good size. Since I live in the San Francisco Bay area, calm days are few. XHELI has a good video when you check out AeroSky page. This 14"x14" quad doesn't much care about wind lots of power, will handle a POV with no problems. I plan to learn a lot more about these quads. Also FYI I am going to swap pcb from my s33, into my s033g. They are exactly the same except for the boards. Will post what happens. Happy flying. Sarge
    s107/s111g/s026
    S34/s031/s033g/s301g (3)
    Dynam E-Razor 250 XFP 4ch
    Walkera4F180 4bladed
    HM V200D02 barless
    Falcon 40 v2 FPV
    2.4 Walkera H223 6ch
    Espy D700 6ch CP
    Syma x-1 quads (2)
    Aerosky 4ch H100 quadcopter
    AeroSky 550 rc hexacopter 6ch (waiting for delivery)

Legendary Member
    I haven`t looked at quads with a view to buying one , mainly `cause of the cost..until now . Goat`s post on the Aerosky quad was real interesting . It looks like it would be a good entry level one.I saw one site last night that advertised one with GPS..and still at an entry level price...hmm .
    Mal

and she said " What are you doin today ? ".
    and I said " Nothing ".
    and she said " But you did that yesterday ".
    and I said "I haven`t finished yet ".

F103 Avatar co-ax......loved it
    NE Solo Pro 260A fp...lovin it
    Walkera V200D01 fp...learnin it
    Walkera Mini cp.........likin it a lot
    WL V959 Quad...........lightin it up
    450 Flamewheel........lookin to fpv

That synergy was very Kool Flygirl definitely is where I wanna go one day. I'm getting a lot better at the 3D on the SIM but still a long way to go cause once your upside down everything is backwards... and I tend to get disoriented. One day!

One thing I've noticed on the SIM is the bigger ones are easier to fly than the small ones, at least the sport helis those great big military looking ones can be rather interesting, real heavy.
    Last edited by Goat; 11-30-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    That synergy was very Kool Flygirl definitely is where I wanna go one day. I'm getting a lot better at the 3D on the SIM but still a long way to go cause once your upside down everything is backwards... and I tend to get disoriented. One day!

One thing I've noticed on the SIM is the bigger ones are easier to fly than the small ones, at least the sport helis those great big military looking ones can be rather interesting, real heavy.
    Same here Goat! The bigger they are the easier they fly.... Wonder if that's what they mean when they say 500's and above are just more stable?
    Lauren

Currently flying:

it's a tough choice, but i guess my orange Bee would have to be my favorite so far, although... this brushless E500 co-axial is pretty sharp too .
    Happy Flying!
    Spoon
    What goes up, will come down... sometimes painfully!
    In my hanger...
    HoneyBee FP V2 with CP3 main & tail mods
    HoneyBee FP V2 with CPX full fuselage and CP3 main & tail mods
    Brushless Big Outdoor Lama Coaxial
    Big Outdoor Lama Coaxial
    Brushless E500 Coaxial
    MCPX V2
    Spektrum DX6i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skvi9xVPRgw
    http://www.facebook.com/ESkyBigLamaPage

Gold Member
    My copters are just like my guitars. The newest is always my favorite. Right now it's actually a quad, Walkera's Ladybird.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Same here Goat! The bigger they are the easier they fly.... Wonder if that's what they mean when they say 500's and above are just more stable?
    Yeah they really are, the guys in the R/C club I met here today told me that was true and the same with the planes. The planes were something else they can fly in the wind really well its neat. One guy is gonna train me with a trainer TX. Cant wait. These guys are serious... BIG planes and Helis

Official Member
    My 1st was a s107 which I still have My favorite is probably my Hausler 450 because it was the 1st CP I actually flew. I also like my walkera CB180ds I have 5. They were there 1st controlable helis Iflew. Lanny
    Heli fleet 2syma 107s 1 blade scout 1 xieda 9958 2msr 3 120sr 3 walkera cb180d 1 nine eagles kestrel 500 sx 1 walkera #35 3 BLADE CP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast