Thread: CP flying beginner question

Official Member

CP flying beginner question

Is there anything I should know before I tackle a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100? And hopefully not wreck it and tear it to pieces. This is the first CP I will have flown when I do fly īt. I've been practicing in a simulator but virtual and real life are two separate things.
    Bob, the newbie pilot & my fleet.

-DoubleHorse 9053, rebadged as hero853.
    -DoubleHorse 9117. -DoubleHorse 9104.
    -Syma S110G. -Syma S800G. Syma S032G.
    -WLtoys V911 x3. -WLtoys V929. -WLtoys V202.
    -HJtoys MiniPet.
    -GWtoys 9958.
    -MJX X200. -MJX F45.
    -Walkera Super FP.
    -Nine Eagles SP100.

training gear
    Gaui x5 FBL yesssss! yesssss!
    T-REX 600N The Big T OS 50 -DS610 Spartan Gyro
    Velocity 50 FBL -O.S50 Align 610's Robobird G31
    Dragonus II Pro, Tarot 450 Pro RobirdG31 FBL solar servos, Blade McpX(s)
    Thunder Tiger Mini Titan (workin on it... )

UL® Certified TT gear tester....

Legendary Member
    Hi BB..I would think it would be somewhat like your V911 , but more responsive . It should certainly be better in some breeze.

If possible , set a pitch curve with say +2* at low stick , that way you won`t drive it into the ground when you chop the throttle. That curve will only be good for liftoffs/landing and hovers , don`t try to use it in breeze . For that you want some negative pitch at low stick.

No need to mention spares..you will know what will break first from your experience with the helis in your fleet.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes !
    Mal

and she said " What are you doin today ? ".
    and I said " Nothing ".
    and she said " But you did that yesterday ".
    and I said "I haven`t finished yet ".

F103 Avatar co-ax......loved it
    NE Solo Pro 260A fp...lovin it
    Walkera V200D01 fp...learnin it
    Walkera Mini cp.........likin it a lot
    WL V959 Quad...........lightin it up
    450 Flamewheel........lookin to fpv

Legendary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BomberBob View Post
    Is there anything I should know before I tackle a Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100? And hopefully not wreck it and tear it to pieces. This is the first CP I will have flown when I do fly īt. I've been practicing in a simulator but virtual and real life are two separate things.
    wished i caught this earlier. i have the 100 and it is not for beginners. the main gear strips very easlily unless they have fixed that problem. the tx is horrible in trying to understand and u certaily should not mess with it as it flies well untouched. do not use the trims on it as it is a fbl head. it will fly as good as the pilot who is holding the tx. that is simply put. the walkera G or mcpX would have been a better choice for an unfamiliar cp flier for that size. but the cost is way more. if u ever get the hang of it and need parts and you live in the USA, pm me and we can work out a deal.

Newbie Member
    Hey, guy why about this, i'm looking at hobbyking HK-450tt pro 3d torque-tube helicopter kit align t-rex compat; w/turnigy 450 H2218 brushless outrunner 3550Kv motor, and turnigy plush 40amp speed controller, and turnigy 2200mah 3s 25C lipo pack

Official Member
    I haven't been to this forum in a while to look at any of these posts.

I have looked at several 450 kits, especially the ones by Hobbyking. but after some thought, 3D 450s just isn't my thing. If I could find a bigger version of a MJX f45, which is a 400-size 4-channel, I would jump right on that.

My Uncle recently gave me a Walkera Super FP. It's 4-channel micro, flybarless, 3G - but the sticks aren't as sensitive of, say, a 100D. Because it's 4-channel, there's no idle-up to stabilize it, if that dares to make any sense. Both my dad and Uncle say it flies just like a 6-channel with idle-up turned off.

This will be my learner before I upgrade to a true 6-channel

Thanks everyone for your help & advice. I will update this thread when I fly my first 6-channel. I will definitely keep what you said in mind.
    Bob, the newbie pilot & my fleet.

-DoubleHorse 9053, rebadged as hero853.
    -DoubleHorse 9117. -DoubleHorse 9104.
    -Syma S110G. -Syma S800G. Syma S032G.
    -WLtoys V911 x3. -WLtoys V929. -WLtoys V202.
    -HJtoys MiniPet.
    -GWtoys 9958.
    -MJX X200. -MJX F45.
    -Walkera Super FP.
    -Nine Eagles SP100.