Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New servo install setup?

Orb: the link you provided is for the T-6 config and the Tx, The raido here in question is a Walkera "Devo7" .
    TEAM HELIPROZ

SAB Goblin700. Scorpion HK-III 4530. Outrage HV servos, Spartan Vortex VX1n flybarless system. Zeal main &tail blades.
    furion 6. Quantum 4125, Outrage HV servos, Beatsx flybarless unit, RJX main and tail blades.
    Gens Ace lipos.

Yep, you need to take any trim, regular or sub, out of your tx programming and then center the servos. Try to get the servo arms at 90 degrees to each servo by removing the servo arm, and changing the position on the servo spline. Once that is done, use sub trim to get the arms at a perfect 90 degrees. Then you level your swash mechanically using the linkage from the three servos.
    Mark the apprentice pilot.

Blade msr, Tarot 450 FBL, Trex 500E FBL, Rush 700,
    IOM, Soling 50 (RC Sailboats)

Quote Originally Posted by weav01 View Post
    Watching the helifreak CPPM setup 1 video. First thing is to reset the radio. For some reason I am scared to death to do this. I guess I shouldnt be because it can all be changed Right? Need some reassurance to do the reset on the Devo 7
    No! You dont need to reset the radio.
    Lets try to walk you through the process, first you need to answer a few questions so we know where you are at this point.
    (1): regarding the links from the servo arms to the Swashplate. have you made any adjustments to their length or are they the length as they were when you first received the heli?

(2); Have you made any changes to the TX yet if so what?

(3): Have you removed the servo arms yet?

(4): Do you have a swash plate leveling tool? If not, do you have a small metric ruler or can you get one?

Please answer the questions and then I can walk you through the process of getting your swashplate level. PM me so I will know when you are online , this way we can get you started.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

SAB Goblin700. Scorpion HK-III 4530. Outrage HV servos, Spartan Vortex VX1n flybarless system. Zeal main &tail blades.
    furion 6. Quantum 4125, Outrage HV servos, Beatsx flybarless unit, RJX main and tail blades.
    Gens Ace lipos.

Bronze Member
    I cant thank all of you guys enough that have replied and given me links for more education and knowlege.

Bronze Member
    Mr, Dan
    1. No changes to link lengths. Still at stock length
    2. No TX changes yet.
    3. Yes I have removed servo arms to install the 3 new servos. Servos are installed and I put the arms (at rest/no power) closest to 90.
    4. Yes have a metric ruler. No swash plate leveling tool.

Quote Originally Posted by weav01 View Post
    Mr, Dan

3. Yes I have removed servo arms to install the 3 new servos. Servos are installed and I put the arms (at rest/no power) closest to 90.
    You need to have power to the servos to get them to center. Unplug two of your motor wires first though.
    Mark the apprentice pilot.

Blade msr, Tarot 450 FBL, Trex 500E FBL, Rush 700,
    IOM, Soling 50 (RC Sailboats)

Bronze Member
    Thanks mmickels.
    Yes on the power to servos. Will the actual servo center itself then I will add the arm as close to 90 as possible? The servos have limits correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mr dan View Post
    Orb: the link you provided is for the T-6 config and the Tx, The raido here in question is a Walkera "Devo7" .
    I was referring to the section in the guide that showed how to properly position the servo arms, not the TX itself.
    MASTER ORBIWAN (Duane)
    -MD500 Coax
    -120 SR
    -CB180D
    -HBV2
    -EXI 450 Sport
    -Solo Pro 2

Ok. lets get going!
    First uplug two of the three wires from the motor to the ESC.
    Now remove the servo arms, now turn on the TX and then plug in a lipo to your heli.
    Now move the throttle to the mid point (50%) throttle, you will here and see the servo gears move, this is what we want. Once you are at 50% throttle (collective) replace the servo arms as close to 90* to the main shaft and each of the three servo arms should be at equal position to one another, (see pic below)

Once you get the arms as close to 90*, attatch the links to the swashplate a,d using the ruler, measure the bottom of the swash plate to the top of the frame at each of the three points to verity the swash is level.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

Gens Ace lipos.

Now move the throttle to the top (100%) , look at the swashplate and note if it remained level at this point, if not , go into your TX menu and go to "end points " or "Travel adjust" Highlite the servo that needs adjusting and raise or lower, taking measurements between adjustments.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

Gens Ace lipos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast