Thread: Interceptor 052 Mods?

Interceptor 052 Mods?

Would anyone happen to know if there are any, besides cosmetic, mods that can be done to the Interceptor 052? I'd like to do something to increase forward speed and maybe swap out the integrated LiPo battery for something larger/removable for more flight time. I do get about 10 minutes continuous flight time (nope, not enough, it's too kool for a mere 10 minutes) from the stock battery, THAT'S not really a necessary thing to change, but in even the slightest of breezes, it will not go forward...go backward all day long, maybe a larger tail rotor? Another thing I've noticed is it's own prop wash will cause it to wander, probably not much I can do about that except increase altitude, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to make an awesome helicopter even better? Best 40 bucks I've ever spent on R.C. so far...
    Buy "easy" and work your way up. Buy "hard" and walk away disgusted.

tape a dime or nickel to the front, you need more nose weight , mess around with different small weights and see what works, dont upset the c.o.g , center of gravity to much,,,,,,,

I do have a bunch of that "never-dry" modeling clay I could use, I did see where a guy did that to a Double Horse to get more forward speed...a 9104 if memory serves, which coincidentally will be arriving at our doorstep tomorrow (anxiously awaiting the "Brown Truck"!). The challenge, should I decide to tackle it, will be the battery swap, I may just leave well enough alone there, but I will try the nose weight thing. Going to see if I can find anything pertaining to a larger tail rotor, not too many windless days in Rhode Island!

Bronze Member
    I put one or two 1/4 inch nuts on the front of each side of the landing skids. This helped a bunch. This has got to be the toughest heli I have ever seen. I finally broke something / a gear. I half to get another one of these.

You have the Interceptor too? Ain't they great? I love mine! I fly it all around the house, and piss off my wife, she's scared to death I'm gonna knock pictures off the wall, and if it's dead calm outside, I'll bring it out to fly. That's really the only sore spot with it is the lack of forward motion in a breeze, I taped a quarter to the underside of the nose...kinda sticks outta the sides a little bit, and as soon as it stops raining, I'm gonna bring it out, and take it up! Thing about the wifey is she sees me having such a blast, now she hovers it in the kitchen...she's getting pretty good!

By the way Lync, they DO have parts support for them at www.interactivetoy.com, got my wall wart for it from there instead of using the USB (?) charger all the time.
    Last edited by matiack; 05-21-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Bronze Member
    I have a wall adaptor for one of my cameras I can plug the usb cable in to.

Hey if you want to shake up the wife try this. The next time you fly it outside get a sting about three feet long and tie a smoke bomb on to it. It looks pretty wild with the smoke screen.

Just took delivery of this Double Horse 9104, and I can't wait to maiden this one! It's considerably bigger than the Interceptor, what's strange is they give you all these directions on how to charge a LiPo battery in the package, and it's a LiIon battery (?). EXTREMELY kool they threw in extra mains and a tail. I'll do the smoke bomb thing with this one...but yeah, you can get rotors, gears, Hell, you can build a whole other helicopter from them at their site with the parts they have...

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matiack View Post
    Just took delivery of this Double Horse 9104, and I can't wait to maiden this one! It's considerably bigger than the Interceptor, what's strange is they give you all these directions on how to charge a LiPo battery in the package, and it's a LiIon battery (?). EXTREMELY kool they threw in extra mains and a tail. I'll do the smoke bomb thing with this one...but yeah, you can get rotors, gears, Hell, you can build a whole other helicopter from them at their site with the parts they have...
    Your gona like the 9104. Be easy with it at first untill you get abit use to it. It flys different then the 052. You will find that the 9104 will just take off on you so be easy and have plenty of room.