Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 ghz bind and fly question

Gold Member

2.4 ghz bind and fly question

Can any 2.4 ghz rx be bound to any 2.4ghz tx? Can you buy a blade Mcpx bnf model and use it with a FlySky or Turnigy th9x?
    Th9x
    Dynam E-Razor 450, with 500 skids, Ga250 & Corona 919 servos.
    Dynam FrankenRazor FBL with 500 skids, Tarot FBL Head, Tarot Zyx Gyro, Solor 654 servos
    Align 500E all stock ds510 cyclic, ds520 tail and gp790 gyro.

Spinner from what I have experienced is that most Tx are mfg. related Walkera to Walkera Blade to Blade etc. There may be some that will interchange and I am sure someone here has that answer.

JT
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - Custom Quad NAZA Lite GPS.

No. what you have (flysky) will not bind to a Blade (Eflight) heli nor will it bind to any spektrum or JR receivers, same for the Spektrum or JR Tx's they will not bind to your 'flysky' rx's.
    As for the Walkera brand , walkera and Exceed are one in the same, Exceed is made by Walkera both can bind to one another.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

SAB Goblin700. Scorpion HK-III 4530. Outrage HV servos, Spartan Vortex VX1n flybarless system. Zeal main &tail blades.
    furion 6. Quantum 4125, Outrage HV servos, Beatsx flybarless unit, RJX main and tail blades.
    Gens Ace lipos.

The Blade MCPX (BNF) will bind to....

Spektrum DX4e, DX5e, or any programmable DSM2 or DSMX transmitter. I wouldn't have anything less the a DX6i for obvious reasons. For me getting a MCPX it's just one less darn transmitter for me to have lying around

I am actually in the process of converting one of my eSky Big Lama's over to my DX6i and can be done very inexpensively by acquiring a Spektrum Rx. (around $20) Then it takes a little setup on the Tx. (programming) and one more Tx. I can pout in the closet!
    Last edited by firedude52; 04-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Tony......
    Fire Captain (ret.) on duty 9-11
    "The older I get the better I was"
    Lots of heli's...
    "Don't let your blades touch anything except air"

There's a thing called an anylink.

Birds like the mcpx fly lots better on dx6i then the cruddy rtf radio.

I seen those ready links , good call evan!
    Here is a few pics of my MCPX !

TEAM HELIPROZ

SAB Goblin700. Scorpion HK-III 4530. Outrage HV servos, Spartan Vortex VX1n flybarless system. Zeal main &tail blades.
    furion 6. Quantum 4125, Outrage HV servos, Beatsx flybarless unit, RJX main and tail blades.
    Gens Ace lipos.

What are the grommets for on the bored?

Quote Originally Posted by evanmiller03 View Post
    What are the grommets for on the bored?
    Evan: Those are part of the MCPX "SVIDS"! Superior Vibration Isolation Dampening System!
    Seriously they are on the front as well as on the back or the board , they work wonderfuly 1 isolating any vibrations that cause that will cause the gyro from acting up. Ive also installed 'O' rings on the swashplate tabs to servo links, and the head as well to remove all the slop. this heli flies on rails !
    PM me your address and I'll send you a complete 'O' ring set up to do this mod for your MCPX.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

Gens Ace lipos.

Banned
    Whether you can bind and fly is up to the Tx RF module and Rx. the RF module and Rx have to be matched with the same transmission technology. Like futaba, spectrum, walkera, Flysky each has their own RF module and transmission protocol. But some Tx the RF module is swappable, so you can swap out the RF module to a specific type and bind with that kind of Rx. You can swap out a Futaba Tx RF module to a say spectrum module and fly spectrum Rx equipped plane with that Futaba Tx body.
    Jr uses is a spectrum module but only DSM2 not DSMX. .
    For example, the Flysky/Turnigy 9X, the stock module only binds with flysky rx. but I can swap to a Frysky module and use FRysky rx which gives me > 2Km range compared to the stock RF module and fail safe(for about 30.00). Frysky also uses frequency hopping over 80 ch which is as good as, if not better, than DSMX.

The DSMX module has been hacked. You can pull a DX4e, DX5e, DX6i RF module out and do some DIY mod and plug in T9X to fly DSMx rx equipped plane/heli.
    Interesting thing is DX4e, DX5e, DX6i all use the same RF module, just the tx body is different. so you can buy a cheap DX4e, convert it, plug in T9x tx and gain the 6ch DSMX capability.
    I just bought a DX4e for 40.00. once I pull the module out and do some mod, soon I will be able to fly DSMX 6ch stuff with my T9X. with a simple swap of the module at the back of the Tx.
    A DX4e can be had for 40.00 while a DX6i cost 200+ but both has the same 6ch RF module. Weird, hm! It is all commercial, it cost less for spectrum to use same module and use different Tx body than to make a 4 ch module, 5ch module and a 6 ch module to make those 3 differently priced Tx. 4e and 5e are limited by the Tx body but as capable as the dX6i with proper Tx body.

im not entirely sure what the anylink will fly but it cost 24 bucks and would widen the bnf flying envelope, maybe kaos knows if this will work with 9x

dan, my mcpx is v2 and has all the ruber grommetts in the head and i havent had the canopy of to look at the boared yet. ill take a look now. i think theres a few spare gromets in the bag that came with it.
    thanks for the offer.
    Last edited by evanmiller03; 04-14-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast