Thread: Flysky TH9B as a Trainer

Flysky TH9B as a Trainer

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know, if there is some way to use Flysky TH9B as a trainer (master) with Flysky CT6B (slave). Is it possible?

Banned

Hello Kaos,

Thanks a lot for information! I'm very happy that I have chance to use my Txs as master/slave.

As I guessed, I should connect trainer switch to "Ctr" input of Dual Reciever Unit (on master side). Does this unit come with manual or instructions?

Banned
    I never used it. but it looks promising. there is a manual under 'file' of the page you can take a look. This thing can be used for any Tx, same brand or different brand. becase it does not use the trainer port. It uses 2 Rx. One for master one for slave, so it doesn't matter what you have as long as both Tx is working.

I see I've already bought this item. As soon as I test it, I will post my results. I saw video as well and seems that it works.

Thanks for great help!

Regards,

Solomon

Banned
    Looking forward to your report. I am curious too. But it should work as described. The only thing is when you use a 8ch Rx, you only get 7 useable ch. because one ch is used for switching between master/slave.
    Let us know once you used it.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Mamuchishvili View Post
    Hello everyone,

Does anybody know, if there is some way to use Flysky TH9B as a trainer (master) with Flysky CT6B (slave). Is it possible?
    They can work together(I've read, never tried) but there is one thing about the Th9 radios that is different from all other radios. On others the master radio controls the plane until you pull the trainer switch. When that is done control is given to the slave radio. The Th9 is the opposite. When you connect the two radios, the slave radio gets control until the momentary trainer switch is pulled and control is given to the master.

Hello everyone,

I've received from Hobbyking what Kaos suggested. I've tested already and it works just great! Very easy to install and use. I love it. Can't wait until I test it in real flight.

Thanks a lot to Kaos for great suggestion!!!

P.S. I use FS-TH9X as a master and FS-CT6B as a slave, but this device will work with any Txs.

Update---------------

Actually this device gives only 7 channel output, but you need 8 channel master receiver to get 7 channel output. Because one channel is needed to control master/slave switch. This device has 7 servo pins on a output, 7 on a slave input side and 8 on a master input side.

You can also use less channels for trainee (e.g. don't give to trainee rudder function), but trainer can still have all desirable functions.
    Last edited by Solomon Mamuchishvili; 04-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Banned
    Glad to hear it works as stated by HK. Actually I just ordered one 1 hr before you made the post. I may ask you exactly how to do master/slave function besides the wire hook up, when I get it.

I will be very happy if I can help you in anything You are welcome anytime