Thread: HobbyWing 25A ESC constantly resetting

HobbyWing 25A ESC constantly resetting

I got a HobbyWing 25A-SL ESC less than a month ago and it's been resetting itself to default values. At first it was just once in a while, but today it reset on me 11 times on a single 1600mAh battery pack. When it resets, the car becomes unresponsive, and the red and green lights flash together for a few seconds. When the flashing stops, I can go again, but I don't have full throttle, and my settings have all been erased. At minimum, I have to recalibrate the throttle endpoints and set the lipo low-voltage cutoff every single time. I can't figure out why it's happening. I've never run 3s lipo, the ESC and motor never even get above ambient temperature, and it seems to happen no matter how hard or soft I drive. Is my ESC broken?

my setup
    Losi Mini Desert Truck
    Gens Ace 1600mAh 7.4v 20C lipo battery
    Futaba 3PRKA 2.4GHz transmitter
    Futaba 2.4GHz R203GF Receiver
    HobbyWing 25A-SL ESC SN: 051200010324
    Tacon 2030 5200kv brushless motor

Silver Member
    i cant say for sure, you may well have a defective esc. some other things that might be a problem are, stuck button on the esc, some times on my traxxas truck the esc button will get stuck.it only does this when i try to cut car on/off never while driveing but iv heard this happens to others. im not sure if this could cuase your esc to reset but check your transmitter batterys. i wounder if it looses conection with esc it may cuase a reset? loose wire on esc? id give it a once over for any loose wires or stuck button, if every thing looks fine send it back for an exchange/replacement