Thread: WATTS over Owatonna 2012 - July 27-29 - Southern MN

Sponsor

WATTS over Owatonna 2012 - July 27-29 - Southern MN

WATTS over Owatonna is quickly becoming the largest all electric fly-in in the upper midwest and I'd love to have HobbyPartz / Nitroplanes / Xheli join in the fun!. It's 3 days of day and night flying at the best field in Minnesota. Last year there were over 135 pilots. It was full of open flying with a few 3D demos, Helicopter demos, a mass warbird launch and streamer combat. It is topped off with a barbeque dinner and awards for things such as pilots choice, best of show, best warbird, best sport plane, Smokin Hole and more.

It made the cover of the January 2012 Fly RC magazine with a 3 page article inside for this past years event. This year promises to be even better.

You can check out the details at http://www.watts2012.net

Here is a video from last years event:

Here is a video stream of photos from last years event as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nVmFehE97bE

Sponsor
    Here is the flyer for the event. Contact myself or check out the website for more details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watts Event Ad.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	3557

Steve

Looks like an absolutely fun time but, the only criticism that I have is that although I did see a shot of someone piloting an rc heli - the event looks like it is mainly for rc planes. Maybe there are more helis there than I know due to the fact that this is the first time that I've heard of the event but, it does look like fun and I am close enough to attend every year.
    Walkera Genius CP v2
    Tarot 450 Pro 3D

Icarus told me I could...
    "If a bird flies backwards, his @$$ will hit a pole"