Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As promised: The maiden flight...and subsequent failure of my BlitzRCWorks F5-E! :)

It's funny you mention that. When I was in the hobby store purchasing my repair material, this guy and his wife came in and the guy wanted to buy a twin 70mm EDF mig for his first rc plane. I could hear the guy at the counter trying to explain why that was a bad idea... So I walked over and said "Sir, not to interrupt, but let me show you exactly why you don't want a jet, let alone a twin motor jet." I pulled out my phone, let him watch this video.....15 minutes later he walked out of the store with a RTF Champ

thanks for post.

No problem! We all need a good laugh every now and then! Also, I think it turned out to be quite an informative thread. 1) For the beginner thinking of getting an EDF Jet as their first RC plane and 2) lot's of good info for repairs and servo linkage set up

Sorry to hear. When i crashed mine on take off the wind was blowing 10-15mph. wont make that mistake again! Still waiting on the winds to take the f15 and mig 15 up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevincfla View Post
    Sorry to hear. When i crashed mine on take off the wind was blowing 10-15mph. wont make that mistake again! Still waiting on the winds to take the f15 and mig 15 up.
    That was my biggest mistake that day, being impatient and not waiting for the wind to die down (ie. another day since a thunderstorm rolled in a couple hours later)...that and trying to hand launch for my first flight...into the wind! hahaha

Legendary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by herbadentis View Post
    thanks for post.
    Yep..and I second that. SemperFISC , you did good at the hobby store . I`ll keep an eye out for your next post. Be advised, I`m running low on tissues but.
    Mal

and she said " What are you doin today ? ".
    and I said " Nothing ".
    and she said " But you did that yesterday ".
    and I said "I haven`t finished yet ".

F103 Avatar co-ax......loved it
    NE Solo Pro 260A fp...lovin it
    Walkera V200D01 fp...learnin it
    Walkera Mini cp.........likin it a lot
    WL V959 Quad...........lightin it up
    450 Flamewheel........lookin to fpv

Ok guys, things have been hectic at work but, I've got a few days off coming up soon so, I'm going to repair the F5 and....

Put it on the shelf

I just ordered the Hobbyzone RTF Champ and it will be here Tuesday Can't wait to get it start truly learning how to fly RC!

Sounds like a good plan, you can go back later and fly the F5

Dave F
    Farmer's Flying Service

Yeah, I actually ordered it from Hobby Zone on their Amazon page and since I have Amazon Prime I got the 2-day free shipping They still charge $89 on Amazon so I said "What the heck" and bought TWO Champs!

I figured if not for spare parts, at least so I'm not flying one too much and burning it or the battery out.

I got my 2 Champs in the mail today!!!

Wow! is all I can say. I had an absolute blast flying that thing around! Not at all what I was expecting from such a small beginner plane! It actually flew pretty darn fast a few times with the wind behind it.

Best investment by far, you guys were right, thank you all so much for all the help and advice!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12