Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flysky FS-CT6B config problem

Flysky FS-CT6B config problem

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and have an issue that I'm sure has been a topic on many occassions. I just received my FS-CT6B TX and the compatible receiver. The binding seems right according to the LED on the receiver and I have uploaded both drivers as instructed at mycoolheli. Also, I have followed configured t6config and can access the program from my desk top. The problem that I continue to run into is when moving the sticks on the tx, only channel 4 is moving and the knob on channel 6 (top left knob) seems to show a difference when moved. Am I missing something? I've tried re-booting, un-instaloing and reinstalling the drivers and t6config, etc. One more thing, when in the t6config program, under "settings", I have only one option of COM3, is this an indicator of an issue. Please let me know, any suggestions of proper configuration plans would be greatly appreciated. My plane is a Parkzone Mustang P51D (30") with rudder servo and dual aileron servos (one in each wing).

Jason

Platinum Member
    The COM port is set by Windows when you connect the transmitter; you can verify the assigned port by looking in the Device Manager. As far as setup with t6config, I couldn't get that to run on my Vista PC, and use a program called DigitalRadio.

I up the digital radio and purchased the registered version. Everything seems like it's talking now. Thanks for the heads-up... now it's time to set everything up. Any ideas? Like I mentioned, I am using separate servos for the ailerons do they go on separate channels (1 and 6) or on one chennel with a splitter? Any help is appreciated.

There's a t6config tutorial here

The first thing you should do is click "Get Settings" then "Save". I saved it as Default. Channel 1-Aelirons(Y-Splitter), Ch2-Elevator, Ch3-Throttle and Ch4-Rudder.
    Model Type: Acro
    Stick: Type 2
    Switch A: Null
    Switch B: Dual Rate
    Then enter values in boxes, maximum value being 120.
    My Spitfire settings:
    N/R Endpoint Dual rates subtrim
    ch1 N 100,100 100,75 0
    ch2 N 100,100 100,75 0
    ch3 R 120,120 0
    ch4 R 100,100 100,75 0
    ch5 R 100,100 0
    ch6 R 100,100 0
    For Normal/Reverse, Throttle is set on R, all other channels depend on operation of servos.
    Rotary Dials on CH 5 and 6 can be used for flaps or retracts. After you save the file you can send it to your Transmitter.

I apprecite all of your help so far... I have each svo working now and just have to get a better idea of F/R for flaps. I have each flap on an individual channel (1 and 6) with mixing in use and it seems to work. I'm using the digital radio program to configure everything and think that it will do the job. @ highspeeddirt, if I set my channel 1 to a certain number and it controls one flap, channel 6 should be set equally, right? I'm not using channel 5 and my switches are set up as A (dual) and B (throttle shut-off). Throttle shut off is more for heli's right?

Bronze Member
    You need to put your flaps on a y cable and run them on channel 5. Throttle shut off is for planes too so you can shut the throttle off for safety. Then use switch A to lower your flaps and you can mix it so knob A limits how far you want the flaps to go down. The flap servo need installed in the direction so the both move the same way witch is opposite the way the aileron servos are installed. They need to move opposite each other. I hope this helps a little. It is hard to describe. When I am setting things up I just do it and it is hard to remember each step to explain. If you still don't get it I could try to work with my TX and describe what I do as I do it. I just set up a Sonic 185 with flaps and it all works perfect. I am sure you know but when you connect the TX on the computer you select get settings from the TX and them set the TX controls the way you want on the computer and then click send settings so the things you set up go to the TX. And then you can save your settings to the computer for that airplane.
    Lester

Seems to be some confusion here. Your wing has a set of "flaps" called Ailerons that are supposed to move in opposite directions which help your plane roll. Your wing might also have a set of flaps that are closer to the fuselage that are deployed down in the same direction that provide lift when slowing down. They go on there own Y-harness which you can connect to channel 5 or 6. It might be possible to set up your ailerons on different channels but I don't recommend it, like FlyingHigh said use a Y-cable ad connect them to channel 1. My P-40 has electric retracts on channel 5 and Flaps on channel 6. Unfortunately, you can't set up the retracts to open and close with just a switch.

Ok... now I'm really confused. Here's my set up as of now:
    Ch 1 aileron
    Ch 2 elevator
    Ch 3 Throttle
    Ch 4 Rudder
    Ch 5 null
    Ch 6 aileron
    The advice that I'm getting is to put both ailerons on ch 1 (y cable) and put "flaps" on another channel? I guess that I just don't understand what is meant by the flaps... both ailerons on the fromt wings moving ing the same direction at the same time?

Platinum Member
    You can leave it that way, and it will be fine.

Flaps are found on more advanced aircraft, and are inside of the ailerons; both move down when deployed, providing more lift at lower speeds, for landing. If you watch a commercial aircraft take off or land, you'll see the flaps lowered. If your aircraft has flaps, you can use channel 5, since it's spare. You could also use that channel if you mount retracts. If you have an aircraft with both flaps and retracts, you'd need that Y cable for the ailerons, so you could use channels 5 and 6 for the other functions.
    Last edited by WintrSol; 03-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast