Thread: Setting up my 9303 and Switchglo Pro to work with my 7100R RX

Setting up my 9303 and Switchglo Pro to work with my 7100R RX

This will work with your 9503 I think. I believe the DX8 also has enough mixes to work.
    Had to do some reading...I'm rusty from using the GLOve chip for a couple years...It has all the mixing pre-encoded.

The object here is to get the rev limiter in the 7100R to work and share a switch with the Switchglo.
    This mixing also prevents hot starts because of being in idle up or having the throttle stick bumped up a little.

This is a modified (by chuckk) version of Danal Estes mixes posted at Helifreak.

Radio Setup:

Transmitter

• Hold ENT button while powering up

• [DEVICE SELECT]
    • Ensure Aux2 set to Aux2 (default unless you’ve previously changed it)
    • Ensure Gear set to Gear (also default)
    • Note: This assumes you are controlling gyro gain with either the Aux2 switch (endpoints on Aux2 channel) or the Gyro menus. Either one will work fine.

The following step is not needed if you have servo reversing on your Switchglo Pro. Set the Switchglo Pro SR to - and leave the Gear channel NORM.

• Power up normally
    • Press List to access menus

• [REVERSING SW]
    • Set channel 5 (Gear) to REV.

• [TRAVEL ADJUST]
    • Ensure GEAR set to +100 and -100 (default unless you’ve previously changed it)

• [PROG.MIX3]
    • GEAR->GEAR
    • Pos 0 Top -35(Set to amount subtracted from 100 to yield desired gain. Example: -35=65%)

Pos 0 down +120% (+40 through +120 needed to enable Switchglow with switch down in FM Normal)
    • Pos 1 Top 0%
    • Pos 1 Down 0%
    • Switch settings: NRM & GER to POS0. All others POS1
    • OFFSET: 0

• [PROG.MIX4]
    • GEAR->GEAR
    • Pos 0 Top -30% (Set to amount subtracted from 100 to yield desired gain. Example: - 30=70%)

Pos 0 Down -100% (Always, needed to disable RPM limit with switch down in FM 1)
    • Pos 1 Top 0%
    • Pos 1 Down 0%
    • Switch settings: ST1 to POS0. All others POS1

• [PROG.MIX5]
    • GEAR->GEAR
    • Pos 0 Top -20% (Set to amount subtracted from 100 to yield desired gain. Example: -20=80%)

Pos 0 Down 0%
    • Pos 1 Top 0%
    • Pos 1 Down -100% (Needed to disable RPM limit with switch down in FM 1 & 2, This %
    may need modification depending on your throttle ATV's.)
    • Switch settings: ST2 to POS0. All others POS1

• [PROG.MIX6] This is for Throttle Hold. If you find a better way let us know!
    • GEAR->GEAR
    • Pos 0 Top -0% 
Pos 0 Down 0%
    • Pos 1 Top -100% (Mixes Gear to 0% to prevent Rev Limiter from ever arming. You can leave at zero and achieve the same effect.)
    • Pos 1 Down +40% (Needed to arm the SwitchGlo)
    • Switch settings: HLD to POS0. All others POS1

The notes above mention specific % gains for the RPM limiter... of course, you really set these with a tach, not a fixed percent. I'm just mentioning the percents to show exactly where and how they occur in these mixers.

Receiver

• Plug SwitchGlo into Channel 5 (GEAR). Note that SGs come in two flavors, a "5V" and "8V"; you specify when you order. On an 7100R, there are two GEAR slots... plug the SG into the appropriate one, by voltage.

Operation:

Startup
    1. Power on TX with all switches “back/away”.
    2. Power on Heli
    3. IMPORTANT!! WAIT 3 SECONDS. Otherwise, the governor could go into calibration mode! You really should wait for the Gyro to init anyway… so, WAIT 3 (or more) SECONDS
    4. Flip Gear switch down – you should hear Switchglo
    5. Start!
    6. Note: If Switchglow “times out” after 10 seconds, flip gear switch up and back down.
    7. Once started & engine warmed up, Flip Gear switch up.
    8. Go fly and have fun!

Flying
    1. All flight modes, Normal, FM 1 and 2 available as usual.
    2. If desired to disable RPM limiter in ST1 or ST2, flip gear switch down.

Calibrating RPM Limiter
    1. Inhibit MIX3 by pressing CLR key while on {PROG.MIX3] page.
Note that DSX9/9303 will keep your settings; later when you re-enable this mix, they’ll all be there!
    2. Ensure your Normal Throttle curve has 0% and 100% points.
    3. Calibrate RPM limiter as per manual
    4. Re-Enable MIX3.
    Last edited by mckrackin; 02-26-2012 at 02:17 AM.
    SAB Goblin 700 with Align 700MX motor and OS 1100HV 100A ESC...JR 8717's on cyclic and throttle...BeastX and Savox 2227HV BLS on the tail...All controlled with a Futaba T8FGS

ohhman you lost me about half way through and i started thinkn just have it on a toggle switch

but it is very cool setup. i think i also watched your vid on it and it works pretty danged cool

Quote Originally Posted by evanmiller03 View Post
    ohhman you lost me about half way through and i started thinkn just have it on a toggle switch

but it is very cool setup. i think i also watched your vid on it and it works pretty danged cool
    My video was with the GLOve chip.
    It replaces ALL that programming with a plug and play chip to automatically light the plug and prevent hot starts.

The programming is the cheap way out of hot starts.

I'll do a video of this operation some time.
    SAB Goblin 700 with Align 700MX motor and OS 1100HV 100A ESC...JR 8717's on cyclic and throttle...BeastX and Savox 2227HV BLS on the tail...All controlled with a Futaba T8FGS

Sweet. Ill watch for it

Gotta do a little tweaking on the mixes.
    Right now,both idle ups turn off the glow plug but it will still light in normal mode with the stick anywhere.

The GEAR switch works as planned.
    Flip it down to 0% to light the plug and start it and flip it up to fly with the rev limiter set and turn off the Switchglo.