Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devo 7...HELP!!!

Newbie Member

Devo 7...HELP!!!

Just received my Walkera Genius on Friday. Thinking I might have jumped the gun. I am having problems just getting the thing to hover. Played around with it for a whole day and can get it up for a couple of seconds then it takes off on me and I crash and burn. Nothing has broken yet and I have every intention on sticking with it. Was wondering if anyone has the Devo 7 and can explain to me in Lehmans terms what all the abbreviations mean and some insight on how to set it up so I can actually fly it for more than a few seconds.

lets guess, Never flown a CCPM HELI before ?
    You are experiencing just what is expected. I would bench the CP and get more exp on a FP 4ch.
    To Fly is Heavenly, To Hover is Divine

Align TREX 500PRO DFC 3GX -my new GT-R
    Trex 450 V2/V3 Custom CF Align/EXI Build-My Ferrari
    BlueRay 450 CNC upgraded
    QR LABYBIRD Quad
    WK2801 PRO TX /RX

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dmac View Post
    I would bench the CP and get more exp on a FP 4ch.
    I have a 3 channel and a 4 channel Coaxial and I had planned on getting the Walkera CB100, then I came across the Genius on Helipal.com which boasted the 6 axis gyro is great for beginners. It's amazing how easy they make it look to fly. I found a thread on here with setup information and have actually got it to fly around my basement with minimal crashes. All in all I am having a lot of fun with it, it's just a bit touchy and really really fast.

No doubt Jsun - cyclic is touchy out of the box!

I have run two batteries through my V400d02 w/Devo7 - no adjustments

There looks to be some exponential adjustments that can be made on the Devo 7 that will calm the sticks some - you can also adjust the amount of servo travel some. Mine came factory at 100% you can go less, try like 85-80 this should take some of that twitchiness out of the head!

Anyone who has had a Devo 7 for more than 2 Days - Please chime in on this one!
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Bronze Member
    Thanks for starting this thread. My genius shoal be here today I have experience with 6 channel heli's though. I'm super excited to fly this thing! I hope you get yours set uo the way you like
    GEAR: WALKERA V400d02 W/ 2801 PRO TX, GENIUS CP W/ DEVO 7 TX, V200D01 W/2403 TX, E-SKY BIG GREEN LAMA W/ HEAT SINKS, EXTREME EXT. SHAFT, DH VOLITATION AND DH 9104.

Jsun, you get your Rx adjusted?
    http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/mustang1967-2009/RcDiscussSig.jpg

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang67 View Post
    Jsun, you get your Rx adjusted?
    It's been a work in progress but I am def getting better with it. Did some reading and now understand what pitch and throttle curves do, and also adjusted the servo travel to where it's not taking a slam every time I move the sticks. Still having lotsa fun learning and am probably gonna go ahead and order a fixed pitch for good measure.

Bronze Member
    Hey jsun how did you adjust the servo rltravel? I have a DEVO 7 with my genius as well and it would be nice to do some adjusting. And where did read up on throttle curves and such?
    GEAR: WALKERA V400d02 W/ 2801 PRO TX, GENIUS CP W/ DEVO 7 TX, V200D01 W/2403 TX, E-SKY BIG GREEN LAMA W/ HEAT SINKS, EXTREME EXT. SHAFT, DH VOLITATION AND DH 9104.

Newbie Member
    @Vengence05 In the function menu of the tx there is a trvadjust category. You can go in and adjust the servo travel from there. As far as the throttle and pitch curves, there are a ton of online resources out there, I just googled it and started clicking links and reading. I still have alot to learn, but on a good note, it's been two weeks since I received my genius cp and I am now able to keep it in a good steady hover. Being that I have only ever flown coax helis with rudder control on the right stick, I am feeling pretty good about my progress thus far.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsun76 View Post
    @Vengence05 In the function menu of the tx there is a trvadjust category. You can go in and adjust the servo travel from there. As far as the throttle and pitch curves, there are a ton of online resources out there, I just googled it and started clicking links and reading. I still have alot to learn, but on a good note, it's been two weeks since I received my genius cp and I am now able to keep it in a good steady hover. Being that I have only ever flown coax helis with rudder control on the right stick, I am feeling pretty good about my progress thus far.
    That very good man. This genius is technically my first cp. I bought a v400d02 but never flew it ecause some problems with it when I got it. But when I realized how hard it was gonna be I ordered the genius so I could practice with that first instead of destroying my v400. I am the same as u with progress. I am very good at hovering tail in. This weekend I plan on going ti sn open field and practicing nose in hovering and trying ti fly a square pattern. I can hold it very still while tail on hovering but when I start to fly it or turn it around to nose in y orientation gets screwed up and she crashes hard! Thanks god this little thing is pretty much unbreakable. I ordered one of eery part for mine in case something di break and I am waiting on a brushless main motor, brushed tail motor and the bereft package from hobbywing.com. When I get that it's gon a be awesome!! And thanks for the instructions on adjusting the travel. I will be doing that when I et home today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast