Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with a UFLYs

Newbie Member

Problems with a UFLYs

Hey guys, I recently bought a UFLYs from NirtoPlanes.com and it would appear that the battery is bad. When connecting the batt. to the copter after turning on the transmitter the copter servo's will move and then nothing. I can not get the copter to do anything. It's like the power was cut from it.
    The battery is a 7.4V/800mah that came with the copter. When I measured the total voltage it only showed 4.2volts and that was after a full charge. The battery pack dose appear to puffy looking which I found out is a sign of a bad cell.
    I am new to this. This is my first Helo and plan on taking it slow and train myself. But I didn't want to take it this slow.
    Any thoughts if it could be something else? Thanks

The 7.4 battery should read 8.3 - 8.4 or 4.2 per cell at full charge, sounds like you are right bad battery. Puffy is bad

JT
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - Custom Quad NAZA Lite GPS.

Newbie Member
    Thanks. It's sad when you order something and you can't even use it due to a failed component. I have yet to hear from NitroPlanes. But, given that it's Christmas Eve I understand. I think they should at least send me a new batt.

Kevin

I looked at the battery for your heli @ WOW. It appears to me that a battery from a Blade CX/2 or 3 might work. If you've got an LHS nearby that carries E-Flight heli's. You can probably get a battery or 3 there. That is IF they're open today. and have a very Merry........

Heli's: TREX 600EFL Pro (under RE-constuction),TREX 500 ESP FBL, TREX 450CF SE V2, EXI 450 V2, SR, HBFP V2 (Spektrumized), CX/3, Solo Pro II
    Traxxas Trucks: E-Maxx, E-Revo BL, Slash 4x4 BL (heavily modified)

Legendary Member
    aside from the lipo issue, make sure the throttle trim is clicked all the way down. turn off the tx then turn it back on and then hook up the lipo to the heli and bind it to the tx. xee if it it works now.

bully

Newbie Member
    Thanks yard Dog..hope you and yours has a Merry Christmas also.
    Bully, Yes I made sure all of that was set before binding the two. It's clearly the battery. The LED on the RX2435 will flash for a moment then it goes out like you just had switched the power off. Well, I was planning on getting a larger batt for longer flying times later on. I guess I'll get one sooner than I thought. lol The bad part is I don't have a hobby store anywhere near me. I have to order everything online. We did have a Hobby Town USA but shut down I guess due to the economy.
    Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Kevin Bloodworth; 12-24-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Kevin give me a PM with your address ill send out a new lipo forya monday USPS yull have it in 2-3 days ........Marry Christmas from JC heli
    HAPPY FLYING

Newbie Member
    Thanks jc heli. I really appreciate that. PM being sent.

Kevin will send it out in the AM on monday USPS ........happy flying ......JC
    HAPPY FLYING

Right on JC. Very cool thing to do. +1 for you brother.

Heli's: TREX 600EFL Pro (under RE-constuction),TREX 500 ESP FBL, TREX 450CF SE V2, EXI 450 V2, SR, HBFP V2 (Spektrumized), CX/3, Solo Pro II
    Traxxas Trucks: E-Maxx, E-Revo BL, Slash 4x4 BL (heavily modified)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast