Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FLYSKY TH9X Firmware upgrade instructions and links

FLYSKY TH9X Firmware upgrade instructions and links

Banned
    IflyLow: excellent info. everything needed is there.

only the board is out of stock now.

How do you like the ER9X?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    IflyLow: excellent info. everything needed is there.

only the board is out of stock now.

How do you like the ER9X?
    i have been talking to Steven of smartie pants about this kit, but unfortunity my th9x is ver1 and would need the additional soldering to use the upgrade card so im going
    to wait for later on it but this is what he told me about the board kit:
    "I'm currently (and chronically) sold out. There was much higher demand
    than I anticipated. I've sold over 1100 kits so far, in about 1 year's
    time, when I was never expecting to sell more than 100 total. So I'm
    constantly playing 'catch up'. Order now, and you'll probably get your
    kit in December.

Hope that helps get you started! Good luck!"

Steven Morehouse
    SmartieParts.com

I hope this helps you
    bill

Banned
    Thx, Bill. I think I will preorder this thing to play with during the winter.

Yep, the function of ER9X is incredible(although I don't need those functions yet ), and it is open source code, many ingenious people will add/improve on it further. I know a guy is going to do just that. Once he finishes, that is one I will flash the firmware (I will reserve the code name until the author announces it).
    Last edited by Kaos; 11-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Gold Member
    Heck i would get it just to be able to use the backlighting if it wasnt already availiable at HK. I will most likely grap a turnigy th9x from Hk later next season to get the ability to use er9x on that radio, i dont know that i need all those features but more is better sometimes. its funny that one of the cheapest radio availiable has one of the most advanced feature sets availiable. If you do get the addon board please keep the forum updated as to how it is.

bill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krauley View Post
    I will most likely grap a turnigy th9x from Hk later next season to get the ability to use er9x on that radio, i dont know that i need all those features but more is better sometimes. its funny that one of the cheapest radio availiable has one of the most advanced feature sets availiable.

bill
    I am with you. I already got my 2nd T9X. I will keep you posted after I played with the update firmware. But Like I said earlier, I will be waiting till the updated ER9X (name to be announced) comes out. that probably will be in Jan - Feb 2012.
    Yes, for 60.00 Tx and 40.00 program board with EL light, and with one of the most advanced feature available, it is incredible. You know you can actually Have 16 model (or more, depending on the complexity of your programming. ER9X uses variable memory allocation. ) in the ER9X stored in that Tx right?

Gold Member

Ah Heck!

I would like it just to be able to turn off my new backlight
    In all seriousness though have you have any problems with one of your th9x's? i was thinking of saving for a jr 9303 or whatever the newest version of that tx is but in reality im on a budget and all those hundreds of dollars could go to more of the stuff that makes helicopters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krauley View Post
    I would like it just to be able to turn off my new backlight
    In all seriousness though have you have any problems with one of your th9x's? i was thinking of saving for a jr 9303 or whatever the newest version of that tx is but in reality im on a budget and all those hundreds of dollars could go to more of the stuff that makes helicopters
    ER9X can turn off your back light (the EL light comes with the board, not the backlight you have now).
    I don't have any problem so far using my T9X. I mainly fly heli. All the functions for my 6ch heli seem working fine.
    I have done limited simple mixing / programming for fixed wing - flaperon. so far so good. the only thing I find there is a glitch is this:
    http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....FlySky-9t-user

Personally, I can't see myself spending hundreds of dollars for Spectrum or Jr while a 90.00 Tx (50 Tx, 40 flashing board) can do the same thing may be more.

Currently I have 11 plane/heli, if I get a Spectrum DX8, just the 11 Rx will cost me thousand. and the only advantage of a DX8 would be built in telemetry. I can add the telemetry to mine within couple hundred if I really want to know those data.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    ER9X can turn off your back light (the EL light comes with the board, not the backlight you have now).
    I don't have any problem so far using my T9X. I mainly fly heli. All the functions for my 6ch heli seem working fine.
    I have done limited simple mixing / programming for fixed wing - flaperon. so far so good. the only thing I find there is a glitch is this:
    http://www.rcdiscuss.com/showthread....FlySky-9t-user

Personally, I can't see myself spending hundreds of dollars for Spectrum or Jr while a 90.00 Tx (50 Tx, 40 flashing board) can do the same thing may be more.

Currently I have 11 plane/heli, if I get a Spectrum DX8, just the 11 Rx will cost me thousand. and the only advantage of a DX8 would be built in telemetry. I can add the telemetry to mine within couple hundred if I really want to know those data.
    I got the backlight addition from Hobby King when I bought my radio and replaced it when I got the Smartiparts add-on board. Yes, you can program the light to turn off with the ER9x software but I wasn't happy with the light from Smartiparts. It was just too dim. So I put the Hobby King backlight in again but this time I wired in a small toggle switch just for the backlight. Now I have a bright backlight that I can turn off and on as needed. The switch came from Radio Shack and it was less than $2. A few inches of additional wire and a hole drilled on the front of the Tx and I was good to go.

Fei Hu means Flying Tiger in Mandarin
    Gear up and locked

Banned
    I wonder if there is a way to hook the HK LCD light with the smartieboard? (with some mod of course)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast