Thread: SOLO PRO 100 3G Flybarless 3D Micro

Newbie Member

Lightbulb SOLO PRO 100 3G Flybarless 3D Micro

I was wondering if any body has picked up one of these Birds ? If so how do they fly ? and do they hold up to 3D flying.

Bully has 2 of them comming soon from HK waiting to see what he thinks about them before i order 1
    HAPPY FLYING

Legendary Member

100d

yes, i have 2 on the way and possibly may click a 3rd bnf.. LOL the main shaft is metal or alluminum not sure..and if the plastic parts are ABS like the 180 3D solo, then it will be one tough heli. it is pretty much a copy of the mcxp but built stronger. it's all up weight is the same. how will it fly? yet to be seen but i think my money will be on the solo 100. i'm curious if the main gears have larger modulus like the Walkera G then that is a +. it is a lot cheaper and parts will probably be cheaper too. if anybody is thinking to get the solo 180 3D, stop! it is a tiny heli with lots of power from it's brushless motor and has a great torque tube tail gear. so it is very twitchy and requires smooth stick movements and not hard abrupt moves like i do. i'm changing my style now to fly smoother and with less crashless. so far the only place is HK and they are selling fast... here's the plan of attack: if you can find a park with thick grass at least 10 inches and you practice 3D and cut the throttle before hitting the grass, you probably will not break a single part on helis like solo 100D, 180D, Genious, mcpx, and the like..

bully

I checked out that little bugger, it's pretty nice, might get one myself.
    TONY...

Trex 450sev2 ,scorpion motor, castle ice lite 50amp esc, flybarless (hb800); trex450 sport, scorpion motor, castle ice lite 50 amp esc, flybarless (robird g31); Trex 250se (scorpion motor and castle 25amp esc)............

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the info, Bully... Can't wait to hear how she fly's, I'm sure you'll be letting us Know soon...

Legendary Member

solo pro 100, mcpx, and Genious

the solo pro 100 flies just fine. it appears it has a tad bit more head speed. it has the longer balls on the swash and mines came in on the shorter arms. the main gear is locked down to the metal main shaft by a screw vs the mcp is not and only slides onto the shaft and comes loose after most crashes. you have to make sure the gear is slid all the way up on the mcpx shaft or you will lose the blade pitch. the solo pro does not have that problem.

the solo pro has these problems so far from just couple of flights. the throttle hold has a very slight delay when you flip the t-hold switch. i had already stripped one tiny tooth on the main gear. slight ticking noise when flying slow but goes away in idle Up. does not affect the flight from one tooth missing. never stripped the main gear on the mcpx yet and many crashes.
    also, the swash plate seperated on a crash.. not good.. it was easy to snap together with long nose pliers and off flying again. it could also be the way it is made to pop lose vs putting stress on the servo arms.. which you never want to damge in a crash. those arms run off tiny gears like the mcpx. hard to really tell but it appears the mcpx flies better by being a little more smoother in flight. seems like the solo has more power though.

now the G is really good. i have it hooked up to my 2801 pro and i know for a fact the settings need improvement. i'm still working on that! i flew the G and i was wobbling all over the place.. LOL i thought it was the settings on the 2801 but after a few seconds i got control and it was very amazing. very smooth and stable. right away i knew i was gonna like this micro.
    flew very nice and did a back flip and a roll and it was smooth. very stable inverted too and ended up in a crash on the grass and no damages. rank them in the G, mcpx, and then the solo pro 100.

all the helis are good. it really depends on who is holding the tx which is you.. i have no regrets on buying them all. this is a short review as i only had the solo pro 100 and G for one day, and i'm certain my comments may change as i get more flights..

just remember, nothing is indestructible! fly with care and concentrate! fly over grass and not concrete or asphalt. yes, and have fun!!!!

bully

I just hit the order button for on of these little buggers from HK, hope it doesn't take to long used the ems shipping.

JT
    Trex 500 / MD500 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale - Trex 500 EC135 4 blade NAZA H GPS scale -Walkera 450 Bell 222 scale - Walkera 400 5 blade - DJI ext 550 NAZA V1 GPS - Custom Y6 NAZA GPS - Custom X8 NAZA V2 GPS - Custom Quad NAZA Lite GPS.