Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a Syma SO33G Monster?

Do you have a Syma SO33G Monster?

Does any one have the big 3 foot long Syma yet? I wonderd if it was the least bit breeze worthy being so large. I bought one Sunday evening from Xheli, a yellow one, so I will find out my self soon. Not sure why I got a 3 channel heli but for the fact that its BIG! I bet my little yellow S-107 will look like a baby next to this huge one. But I also just realized that Xheli carrie's no parts what ever for it that I can find.

And as normal "for me" I know nobody has this problem BUT me, no matter how many times I put in the "CAPTCHA" or what ever having to enter the letters and or numbers before submitting, it in every case tells me I got it wrong. Very frustrating. I just wanted to find out when parts will be available. I'm not blind, nor disabled and can type as well but even having my wife and a friend try it nobody can get it done. I just realized this small rant belongs someplace else....HOLY CRAP
    My stable includes these heli's so far

Syma S-107 "The one that got me started"

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Eflite EF-135 "Blade MCX" clone

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

2 Solo Pro II V-1's "In Blue and in Red"

Walkera Lama 3 Collective Pitch Co-Axial

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

XAircraft X650V-4 Quad "GPS & Auto Pilot"

Re: Do you have a Syma SO33G Monster?

I just tried the chat option at Xheli. I cant tell you how helpfull this was . Here is the compleate text. Notice I get no answer to a simple question laid out in simple English, 2 times.

"You are now chatting with 'Christ'

Gary Johnson: Hello

Gary Johnson: I bought a SO33G last night from you and I cant find any spare parts for it. Im sure to need some sooner or later.

Christ: Hello, how may I assist you?

Gary Johnson: Sorry I had already entered that, I'll do it again

Gary Johnson: I was wondering when you will have parts for the new Syma SO33G? I bought one from you last night and then noticed there are no parts for it. IM sure I will need some sooner or later.

Christ: We do not have spare parts for that helicopter at the moment

Gary Johnson: Yes I see that too. Any idea when you will have parts for it? I didnt think you offered helicopters with no spare parts.

Christ: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Gary Johnson: ok

Christ: I will be right with you.

Christ: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Gary Johnson: ok thanks

Christ: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Christ: I will be right with you.

Christ: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Gary: Thanks any way............ " This took 30 minutes!! And I still know nothing, and neither does Xheli. Am I alone here?

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

Well my brother bought one of these at think rc. His comes tomorrow, mine Thursday from Xheli. His was $8.00 cheaper and he lives in Missouri I live in Texas. He said think rc described it as being 26 inches long but Xheli calls it 36 inches. But they agree on the height and width numbers. We both bought this thing just because it was supposed to be 3 feet long and kind of a novelty for a 3 channel heli. Plus we both know of the duribility of Symas and figured this 11.1 volt version at 3 feet long would take a breeze fairly well " light breeze".

My brother emailed think rc and asked about it and was told that they measure the length from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail rotor boom and that apparently Xheli measures the length from the tip of the main rotor to the end of the tail boom, with the main rotors lined up with the tail boom. Any video I saw looked exactly like an SO31 which I have 2 of so I couldnt get any perspective as to its size in the air.

Again if you have one, is it a lot larger than an SO31? And I could use some explaination on how this 3 channel Syma is fully 3D capable? I cant see how that can be possible, but it says so all over the heli and the box it comes in. In fact its 3D Full Function. Can you go inverted with this pig?

All I do know is there are no spare parts any where available. Still cant believe they would sell helicopters and not carry the parts for them. Think rc guessed that maybe in a couple months parts will be available. Thats just great. Xheli could never answer that at all though I really tried.

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

Newbie Member

that chat option at Xheli is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by berrykate77
    that chat option at Xheli is a good choice.
    Really? How good was it working for me above?

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

Gold Member
    ive got one on the way from xheli myself. ordered it saturday night after a stroll through a local mall. They have a heli booth setup with 3.5 channel gyro helis that run anywhere up to $225 for one the size of the Syma S033G. $225! So after he flew it around and did his sales pitch, i headed to the house "HOOKED ON HELICOPTERS" and spent the night doing the google thing until i settled on the Syma. I figure i will use it to get used to flying while i build a 450 kit, since they are way more sophisticated i want to take my time learning. then ill pass down to my lil one the S033G. Reply back on how you like you new toy, im interested in how it does for you.

Well the big boy flys very nice and can take some breeze with ease! Its got very snappy motors that respond the split second you move the stick. Honestly I have had sort of a hard time getting used to it because I'm used to flying 4 channel helicopters and I really miss not being able to move sideways which is very helpfull in crash avoidance. I did crash mine this morning, I let it get a little out of control when the wind caught it and I hit the power lines to my house. It went down hard and ugly and sounded even worse. It landed up side down from a 15 foot fall and all it did was very slightly bend the flybar, which I just bent back. The lights look great, and the bright white light in front is very good, as now you have a perfect reference to it comming at you at night before I had to slip my SO31's side ways to see the lights and tell where I was going. And of course the battery charger fried on the first charge. I could hear to sound of "bacon frying" the second I plugged the cheap piece of junk in. Good thing for me that all my Walkera helis have chargers that charge 11.1 and 7.4 V batterys so I used one of those to charge it up. The SO33G charger has only one port for 11.1 V, but of course if its fried it really makes no difference. After the helicopter arrived home I deleted all the Xheli crap from my email, thinking I did not need it any more.
    I dont blame Xheli for the bad charger, not there fault at all, but even if I still had my order number and such I would never again waiste my time trying to get them to replace the charger, its not worth the trouble and BS that goes with Xheli, and any way I blame my self for not buying it where my brother got his and where I got all my Syma helis at think rc . com. My brother paid almost $10.00 less than I did for mine and he lives a lot farther away from California than I do. And you can just call them like any normal person and they answer the phone with out attitude.

I hope you get to try your out soon as you get it weather wise. My house is a bit small to try to fly this big guy inside, but like I said, dont sweat a little breeze, it can handle it. In fact it is better than my Walkera CB-180D 4 channel heli in wind, I guess due to a huge set of double rotors and the fact that it has some weight to it. 10 minutes or more flying time is nothing for it but I have not run it full out for a full battery. Just keep it fairly low if your in some wind, in a no wind condition ...go for it! Here is a picture of it parked next tp my Syma S-107, the heli that got me into this hobby. Good luck..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3670.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	3  

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

Gold Member
    well i got mine too today, i have a few questions for ya since you have syma experience. do i have to unplug the motor connector when charging? im talking about the two black connectors, i think they are to the motor or at least battery to system . also mine wants to lean a bunch as im trottling up so i havent actually gotten off the ground yet, but hey only had it for about 30 minutes, at least that i know of. there is no telling how long its been outside my front door . i wouldnt be as scared to just go for it but without spare blades if i break one im done so im going to go slow. the other question is, what does the "MASTER FLIER" button do? since i didnt get it up i couldnt tell. also i got a little tip for ya, put some light colored or glow in the dark color on the pointers of the tail control dial since you can make heads or tails of where its at even in direct sunlight.

its too breezy here to go out so ill mess around inside but i dont have much room either. oh and how do i know if its charged enough and how do i know when its drained to where i need to charge it, im not familiar with lipo batteries.
    hope you enjoy yours and thanks

Congrats on the new bird! No you can leave the battery plugged in at all times. See on just about all other helis you do need to plug and un plug the battery as that's the way you turn it on and off un less you added your own on-off switch. There should be no leaning to speak of as far as taking off. Just be sure your on level ground, and be double sure you have the battery charged fully. Just because I ended up with a junk battery charger doesnt mean you will, as long as the red light goes out on your charger and the green light stays on, you should be good to go. I found that the battery was charged some what from the factory, and when I charged it with the lame charger it took about 30 minutes to get the green light only. I said that it fried on the first charge, that was true but I did get it to work some one time. I convinced my self that the electrical frying noise I heard was nothing since it stopped doing it after a few seconds. I flew it out front last night for about 2 minutes low and slow, then put it on the good charger and it took over 2 hours to get it charged up. I have flown it repeatedly on that charge for a few minutes at a time, and it shows no slowing down. You will know when its time to quit flying yours when it wont lift up hardly at all or very slowly when you have full left stick up. It will just settle down and stop. if you keep trying to push it it will spin the blades for a little while then that will stop and just the lights keep flashing. Your done flying then till the next full charge, but dont push the lipo battery that far. As soon as you begin to notice that it wont climb very well even with full up stick, quit flying then. Since I never opened the manual I never noticed a "MASTER FLIER" button but my transmitter does have a two speed tail rotor button, that must be what your talking about. Trying to interpret and understand Chinese English is very frustrating, as they have no one over there with a normal command of our language to write a manual nor a web site but they are good with pictures and video. Pushing in the button at the bottom the transmitter will make your helicopter tail rotor run much faster, so the heli runs faster, but in a slight wind condition the fast mode helps quite a bit. With the button out it runs a litte slower and is easier to control as well it uses less battery power that way. As far as there not being any spare parts available, I think thats crazy and motivated my money in Xheli's and others pockets. I did not know you could sell a product like that and not have parts available of any kind. Go to the Syma site http://www.symatoys.com/productconte...0&classtype=RC Heli&smallclass= And you can see all the parts available for the SO33G, but no prices or any idea of when they will be available to us.

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

Gold Member
    winds picking up here now big time i shouldve bought a kite lol, i got a lil hover going but then i lost power and knew then it was time to charge up fully. i had been missing around on the charge it came with. all in all i think for what i paid for it, im gonna like the syma. its gonna be my practice copter while i build and EXI kit. i will get back to you to see how yours is doing and to report further on my review.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast