Thread: Chinese 3.5 channel 20inch metal heli - PARTS NEEDED pics included

Newbie Member

Chinese 3.5 channel 20inch metal heli - PARTS NEEDED pics included

I purchased this bird last week and cannot source parts. It is not yet known by it's sold name on the Internet as it too obscure or brand new to North America I guess. It is called SPYRYDER(video camera mounted beneath) and is a 3.5 channel metal body heli. I am hoping with the pics included below someone might be able to source a replacement undercarriage and connector buckle(weighted arms to topmost blades. The buckle is 19mm outside length, see last pic. Thank you in advance.

Newbie Member

Re: Chinese 3.5 channel 20inch metal heli - PARTS NEEDED pics included

I purchased the same thing and cannot find parts online. The person I purchased it from gave me a sheet to call for parts. It's a company called Toys N More LLC. Their phone number is 503-281-4530 Monday-Saturday 10AM-8PM PDT.
    I hope this helps! I haven't called them yet, but am going to today in hopes to order parts for my SpyRyder. Good Luck!

Newbie Member

I am convinced this bird has a fatal flaw. When the "take video button" is pressed the heli looses all power and plummets to the earth. I have only been able to fly it three times and on all occasions it has acted this way.

I didn't make the connection until the 3rd flight but I have one video of the bird dropping like a rock as soon as the camera is engaged. The first flight I didn't connect the USB cable from chasis to camera so there is no video and the 3rd flight the heli was smashed to pieces and I haven't the heart yet to see if the camera chip holds video of the fatal plunge.

Brun22 have you noticed similar power loss when camera is engaged?

That heli is quite simular to the Syma line. Here is a picture of two of my Symas the little on is the famous S-107 a lot of us got started on, and the larger on is the S031 which looks a lot like yours. No camera though. You might just want to spring for one of these, they have some pretty cool flashing lights down the sides and along the tail boom for night flying in no wind.

My stable includes these heli's so far

Syma S-107 "The one that got me started"

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Eflite EF-135 "Blade MCX" clone

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

2 Solo Pro II V-1's "In Blue and in Red"

Walkera Lama 3 Collective Pitch Co-Axial

Walkera MX-400- Quad