Thread: Flybarless on E-Razor

Newbie Member

Flybarless on E-Razor

Hi there Everybody

I bought a Erazor 450 and so far never left the ground. Just a newbie but everthing on the bird looks good but I am being told that the Electronics are a POS.......... Changing all that ...Stepping up to a DX6I and some better servos. I am lo0oking at making this bird my experimental bird and my a Trex later on.

Now to the real question...... Has anybody installed a fbl system on the Erazor ? What kind ? And how hard was it.

Ron........

Update...

Its been while since I posted this but been kinda busy
    Anyway I got a Mikado vbar FBL head,will be using corona ds919 for all servos including tail,
    A Walkera 2701 3axis gyro/rx and a walker 2801 TX. I didn't want to spend too much because my real goal is a trex 500esp FBL w/beastx. Not sure on the quality of the Erazor. I'm just a newbie. I know just enough to be dangerous. Just started the conversion. Will report back when it's ready to go.

Thanks for listening.

Ron

Re: Flybarless on E-Razor

I've heard some rumours of a flybarless setup for the Erazor, but have seen no evidence as yet. Maybe this will prompt some posts by those who may know more about this......
    Marty

Trex 500 flybarless, Tarot 450 Pro Flybarless, EXI 450 v3, Trex 250 Flybarless, HBFP X 2, Blade CX2, Blade 120 SR, Blade mSR X 2, Blade mCX2 X2, mCPXv1 brushless C05m, mCPX brushless HP05s, mCPX v2 stock

Quote Originally Posted by rg
    Hi there Everybody

I bought a Erazor 450 and so far never left the ground. Just a newbie but everthing on the bird looks good but I am being told that the Electronics are a POS.......... Changing all that ...Stepping up to a DX6I and some better servos. I am lo0oking at making this bird my experimental bird and my a Trex later on.

Now to the real question...... Has anybody installed a flybarless system on the Erazor ? What kind ? And how hard was it.

Ron........
    I have only heard of that my self, I see no reason why it's possible. I have an Erazor too and am doing much the same thing you are as far as as replacing the electronics. After a minor crash " this was my first real R/C helicopter" I broke a rotor blade, the landing gear, and one of the channels on the radio receiver went dead. Fixed all but the receiver and couldnt find a Dynam one and then wonderd why I would want one. What servos are you using? I bought this radio system on backorder. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6610 All I know of it is it's supposed to be really good. I wanted to replace the esc I think you call it, and all the servos, along with a new quality gyro. In other words, everything but the battery and the motor. I wanted to use all Spectrum parts.

The Erazor carbon fiber is one nice machine! The landing gear is not much but the frame and tail boom, and the complete rotor system is well laid out. I think with real electronic's in it, it will rival any Trex 450.
    My stable includes these heli's so far

Syma S-107 "The one that got me started"

Syma SO31 "2 of them"

Syma SO33G

Eflite EF-135 "Blade MCX" clone

Walkera 4F200LM

Walkera CB-180D

Walkera UFLYS

Erazor 450

2 Solo Pro II V-1's "In Blue and in Red"

Walkera Lama 3 Collective Pitch Co-Axial

Walkera MX-400- Quad

Turbo Ace X830s Quad

XAircraft X650V-4 Quad "GPS & Auto Pilot"

Newbie Member

I got DX6i, going to using EFlights ds75's, Assan GA250 gyro and a
    Corona ds919 for the tail. Hope this will get bird in the air.

I have flying a Blade MCP x which is a micro collective pitch. I learned a lot from flying this but want to get into a larger heli. My Erazor will be my experimental bird to try things out.

Getting to DX6i. After programming it correctly for the MCP x it was a lot easier to fly. Don't hEsitate to get aprogramable TX, it helps lot.

By the way nice to see that there's other people like me that just trying to get flying.

Bronze Member

I just received my new esc and gyro for my E-razor. I'm trying to make it work for my walkera pro 2801 Tx. I bought a 2801 and 2601 receiver and then I bought the gyro from the walkera creata 400. Hoping that it all works and that I won't need the 2701 Rx that the creata 400 to make this work. I will know this in the next week though after I get it all changed out and tested.
    So, I've had this bird now for about a month and a half and have only had it hovering 2x I believe for just a couple of minutes because the original setup (electronics) suck. But hopefully I can improve this by doing what I am doing.
    As far as flybarless, I don't know if I've even heard of anyone doing that to this bird.
    HK450GT Pro -- Syma S107 -- E-Razor 450 mod -- Solo Pro II -- V200D02 -- 4F200 -- DH 9053 (ugh...)