Thread: E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator - RealFlight

Newbie Member

E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator - RealFlight

Hi,

I want to buy realflight 4.5 from amazon but this software has no controller. Does anyone know if the 19.95 E-Sky 4 Ch Conroller will work with RealFlight? There is some software that allows one to use any controller. The hobby store said I cannot buy a Realflight controller and wanted to sell my the software again. I am not sure who is right.

Thanks
    Bob

john50049

Re: E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator - RealFlight

I have the E-Sky controller and have used FMS and RC Desk Pilot with it. I have Real Flight G4.5 but have not got it to work on my computer yet. If I can make it work then I could test the controller. If I make any headway I will let you know.
    John

Newbie Member

Hi John,

What type of issues are you having? I have an emulator which allows me to use (supposedly) any joystick. Currently I am using a normal Joystick (thrustmaster). I really need to train on a real controller though.

Thanks
    bob

Newbie Member

I have e-sky simulator ,and widows7premium will not load the graphics. any advice? Tried running older windows ,no success.

jim g

john50049

Quote Originally Posted by gusjim

I have e-sky simulator ,and widows7premium will not load the graphics. any advice? Tried running older windows ,no success.

jim g
    Hello
    Are you trying to put the free FMS on your Windows 7 computer and that is not working? I put my FMS simulator software on my Windows 7 computer and it did not work. I made it work. So if that is what you are trying to do put the FMS on and use the E Sky controller I will try to remember how I did it and will do my best to help you get it done cause it will work. When I first did it I was very down cause I wanted it to work on my new W 7 laptop I just got so I could sit in my recliner and fly. So I decided to work with it till it work and I got it. So let me know if it is the FMS that you can't get to work or the cable that goes from the controller to the USB port. Give me some details and I will do my best to help you. I have received a lot of help from people on here so it is about time I can give back and help someone too. I will wait to hear from you.
    John

I know for a fact that it will not work, sorry. I have Real Flight G3.5 and no desire to upgrade. The higher you go on that the more demanding it is on your pc. I have used mine with no problems for 5 years and had RF G2 for the 5 years before. RF G3.5 is very affordable now with radio interface and can not be touched by any sim on the market. well, the brand new Flight Pro comes close....

Bronze Member

FMS sucks but it will work.....I have win7 64 bit this is the only FMS that worked for me. It works perfectly for me. Download all six parts extract the 1st one and run it. If you need a rar extractor get rar frog from cnet.

http://cid-b2a7867cce931929.skydrive...ar?sa=71925521
    9 Eagles FS Micro, Solo Pro 2, Walkera 4G6, CB180D, CX/Align500TT   DX7i          Clearview, FMS

john50049

I have tried some other sims but I really like FMS. The newest version with the addition of a couple of DLL files works great on my Win 7 64bit. I have tried rc desk pilot, Clearview, phoenix flight simulator and tried G4.5 but could never get it to work and of the ones that worked the FMS 2 alpha 8.5 so that is the one I use and you can download a lot of planes for it. I did not down load FMS from any special site just got it from the normal FMS download site and did a little tweaking of my laptop and it came alive and worked great. I fly it everyday.
    John

Newbie Member

Hi John - Rich here. I'm kind of surprised that you like FMS. It was the first one I had and learned controls off of but found out it wasn't realistic enough when I flew the real thing. On FMS, it's like there's no gravity. When you can float a P51 in slowly for a landing there's something not quite right to say the least. I installed Clearview and it was better because all the controls moved and the prop spun and you have retracts and flaps. Practicing with flaps is a plus. And more realistic gravity helps also. You can actually crash and the plane flys into a bunch of pieces. The thing that bugs me is Clearview takes longer to load up and it's a glitchy program.