Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Lipo Charge rate?

Official Member

Sky Lipo Charge rate?

What can these Lipo's take? more than 1C? thought i saw they can take a 3C rate..i have 3 of the 40c discharge Sky Lipo's now, two of the 1600's and one of the 1000mah? It's not marked on the battery like the Gens-Ace or the Nano-tEch ones are...anybody know? thanks!

Dan

Silver Member

Re: Sky Lipo Charge rate?

hey m8

in tonys review of the sky lipos he says they can be charged up to 3c.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1300-3s1p-40c-3333.html

DT
    Ive got a terrible sickness &quot;HELI-RC-ITIS&quot;!! its gone viral and its airborne! ;P<br />Trex 600n pro FBL, 55h engine.&nbsp;bits of a copter X 500SE!!, align tail and drive assembly 1800kv motor.<br />2x copter X 450SE 1350kv motors. nanotech lipos 3-6s<br />4 small indoor &quot;rainy day helis&quot;. JR 9503

If it says 3C it should be fine to do. But just remember that because you can charge a pack that fast doesn't necessarily mean you should. Faster charge rate means more stress and heat. I only charge my lipos fast when I'm in the middle of running or at the track and wait time matters. Before a run I'll charge them in advance and go at a nice slow rate.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo" - H.G. Wells

Gig'em Aggies! Whoop!

AE FT T4 Kit, J82 conversion: Novak Ballistic 13.5/Havoc Pro ESC
    Duratrax Vendetta, Novak Mongoose Combo 10.5
    Spektrum DX3S

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshade
    If it says 3C it should be fine to do. But just remember that because you can charge a pack that fast doesn't necessarily mean you should. Faster charge rate means more stress and heat. I only charge my lipos fast when I'm in the middle of running or at the track and wait time matters. Before a run I'll charge them in advance and go at a nice slow rate.
    yeah i know..i've had lipo's for 4 years now...and have over 60 of them...and over 1000 charges with not a single bad lipo yet..but..if they are rated at 3c it should be on them so everyone is safe...of course to get more cycles out of them 1c is preferable..but if they can take 3c then 2c shouldn't hurt..i just want a definate answer...

Quote Originally Posted by JettaManDan
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshade
    yeah i know..i've had lipo's for 4 years now...and have over 60 of them...and over 1000 charges with not a single bad lipo yet..but..if they are rated at 3c it should be on them so everyone is safe...of course to get more cycles out of them 1c is preferable..but if they can take 3c then 2c shouldn't hurt..i just want a definate answer...
    Well forgive me for offering advice, no way I could have known that...But yeah you're good to go with that. New lipos have become pretty tough to handling higher charge rates. I have a 2S 5200mah pack that claims it can handle a 5C charge rate though I'd be hesitant to actually ever use that much.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo" - H.G. Wells

Gig'em Aggies! Whoop!

AE FT T4 Kit, J82 conversion: Novak Ballistic 13.5/Havoc Pro ESC
    Duratrax Vendetta, Novak Mongoose Combo 10.5
    Spektrum DX3S

Silver Member

i love the nano techs, 5c rate! i have a 200watt charger and charge them @ the full 10amps the charger can supply @ 11.1v. 3s 2650mAh 25c.
    they take about 19mins to charge and are grate out at the field when you need one in a hurry. would be nice to try the full 13.25amps!

no heat no swelling ,there going great no probs so far. i would recomend to anyone.

i run them in a edf jet and they r running at there max!

anyone tryed a 10c lipo?

anyway just my 2cents

DT
    Ive got a terrible sickness &quot;HELI-RC-ITIS&quot;!! its gone viral and its airborne! ;P<br />Trex 600n pro FBL, 55h engine.&nbsp;bits of a copter X 500SE!!, align tail and drive assembly 1800kv motor.<br />2x copter X 450SE 1350kv motors. nanotech lipos 3-6s<br />4 small indoor &quot;rainy day helis&quot;. JR 9503

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by DT
    i love the nano techs, 5c rate! i have a 200watt charger and charge them @ the full 10amps the charger can supply @ 11.1v. 3s 2650mAh 25c.
    they take about 19mins to charge and are grate out at the field when you need one in a hurry. would be nice to try the full 13.25amps!

no heat no swelling ,there going great no probs so far. i would recomend to anyone.

i run them in a edf jet and they r running at there max!

anyone tryed a 10c lipo?

anyway just my 2cents

DT
    i like the naon-techs i have a lot...but their normal discharge rate is not as high as the Sky Lipo's..so bought these to try out..just want to be able to charge them at 2C if possible..or even 3C..so need to know if it is safe..

Legendary Member

the faster you charge the more heat it will create within the battery - heat is resistance

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget
    the faster you charge the more heat it will create within the battery - heat is resistance
    yes, but not the point...if the batteries can take a Higer C rate i just want an answer on what that is...

Legendary Member

1c for a 1600 = 1.6 amps 3c for a 1600 = 4.8 amps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast