Thread: interactive RC project

Newbie Member

interactive RC project

Hi all,

I came across this interesting forum and I thought i'd like to get some opinions, comments, and some help from all RC fans around.
    I'm currently taking up a project called RC Vehicle AR game and thought i'd like to share with everyone else here. Basically i have to build an RC vehicle that will be able to send back live video feed to a phone via WiFi. And all the controlling will be done by using Android OS phones with gyrometer/accelerometer.
    Which means using the Android OS phone, i will be able to maneuver my vehicle using the in-build gyrometer/accelerometer and at the same time i will be able to have the FPV video feed to run the AR game. This project is similar to the Parrot Ar.Drone. Instead, it's ground vehicle.
    So I'm kinda stuck here on how to start the project. I'm actually in charge of the video feed part. I've looked thru all the FPV videos and all the FPV setup videos. All the FPV feed are streamed to a display using wireless TRx. What i want to to is to communicate with the vehicle using WiFi. Any suggestions?
    Can the FPV cameras be used for the WiFi comm?

-Kevin

nathanraina

Re: interactive RC project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk
    Hi all,

I came across this interesting forum and I thought i'd like to get some opinions, comments, and some help from all RC fans around.
    I'm currently taking up a project called RC Vehicle AR game and thought i'd like to share with everyone else here. Basically i have to build an RC vehicle that will be able to send back live video feed to a phone via WiFi. And all the controlling will be done by using Android OS phones with gyrometer/accelerometer.
    Which means using the Android OS phone, i will be able to maneuver my vehicle using the in-build gyrometer/accelerometer and at the same time i will be able to have the FPV video feed to run the AR game. This project is similar to the Parrot Ar.Drone. Instead, it's ground vehicle.
    So I'm kinda stuck here on how to start the project. I'm actually in charge of the video feed part. I've looked thru all the FPV videos and all the FPV setup videos. All the FPV feed are streamed to a display using wireless TRx. What i want to to is to communicate with the vehicle using WiFi. Any suggestions?
    Can the FPV cameras be used for the WiFi comm?

-Kevin
    sounds pretty hi tech dude would be interested to see if you can get it to work. keep us posted on your progress and

Official Member

Re: interactive RC project

Did you get it working
    (:Pro-Newb

Newbie Member
    Yes there are program that will let you control your car via your Android phone. The camera feed is usually output from the cameras are via USB plug so you just need to find a wifi transmitter for the phone and car.

Tim

There is an available bluetooth to serial board that lets you link bluetooth devices like your phone to a device and then turn the data into serial data on the car. Someone controls a robot with this setup.
    Gaui x5 FBL yesssss! yesssss!
    T-REX 600N The Big T OS 50 -DS610 Spartan Gyro
    Velocity 50 FBL -O.S50 Align 610's Robobird G31
    Dragonus II Pro, Tarot 450 Pro RobirdG31 FBL solar servos, Blade McpX(s)
    Thunder Tiger Mini Titan (workin on it... )

ULŪ Certified TT gear tester....