Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Gyro for E Razor 450

Newbie Member

Best Gyro for E Razor 450

Sup Heli Experts n All. I'm new to this RC type of toy n need some help. I have a Dynam ERazor 450, yes I know how everyone feels about this heli but if i can master this beast, I can master the better heli's out there. Anyways, my question is, what is the best Gyro for this heli. Any input can help, thanks in advance.

Gordo

Legendary Member

Re: Best Gyro for E Razor 450

Just about any gyro that costs over $100 will give you real gyro control.
    I prefer the Futaba GY520, but I also like the HiTec 5000 and Spartan Quark.
    My fly-buddy uses a JR370 and just like the forementioned gyros, it is also rock solid.

Jerry

Gold Member

For the bang for your buck, (on sale at hobbypartz right now..13 bucks i think) GY48V detrum (dynam) is good for razor, got same heli, and think the same as everyone else does....it sucks...live and learn I reckon. Definitely not as good as Jerrys recommendation. But for crashing--gy48v is way to go...

Gold Member

I want to rephrase my last post...."GY48V good for crashing"...Sorry not what I ment. Do like I and Serendipity said. if you want a gyro, get that GY48V and no better. Don't waste alot of greenbacks on Razor.

The GY48v is a good Gyro for $12.00 @ hobbypartz & Xheli. It would be a good choice for the heli you have at this point, not to costly and holds the tail solid even with some moderate 3D manoeuvres. Combined with a raiden DMA -016 or DMA -022 is a good jumping point. The servo serendipity mentioned is also a good choice, there is also the Align DS-420 tail servo cost is under $30.00 $27.00 to be exact that servo is a very fast good tail servo for your heli.
    TEAM HELIPROZ

SAB Goblin700. Scorpion HK-III 4530. Outrage HV servos, Spartan Vortex VX1n flybarless system. Zeal main &tail blades.
    furion 6. Quantum 4125, Outrage HV servos, Beatsx flybarless unit, RJX main and tail blades.
    Gens Ace lipos.

Legendary Member

Seren dip ity, he asked what is the Best Gyro
    Not what is an inexpensive or economical gyro, not even the cheapest that will work on his razor. What is the "Best" is the question.
    The way I look at it, eventually, he will abandon the ERazor for a TRex or clone, or replace so many parts that eventually it will become a clone. So if he is going to stay in this hobby, he should get good equipment. He can always move it to a better model when he is ready.

I am certain that you have a $100+ gyro and servo setup on at least one of your helis, and you can describe for Gordo the experience of using a quality gyro over a Gy48v.
    I am sure you also have a 48v and know how tempermental they are. Tell Gordo what he can expect from that gyro (if that is what you are promoting), instead of spending so much time on non topic related rhetoric.

Professor

EXI/REX 450 PRO TT Tom
    ESC= HW Platinum Pro 40/60Amp
    Motor= Scorpion 2221-8 ( 14T ) governed at 3300
    Cyclics= HS65MG
    Gyro= GY520
    Tail Servo= S9257
    HBDD Neon Yellow Tail blades, Fly Bar Paddles(back hole)
    HBDD Orange Dampers Neon Yellow 500 Skids,Vert. Fin, Horz. Fin
    DX6I TX and AR6200 RX

Legendary Member

+1
    MÔke
    Tarot 450 Typhoon 2215/HW Plat 40A, 3xHS65HB, Quark/DS520 KBDD paddles/tail blades

Newbie Member

Sup Guys,

Ok I hope I did not start an uproar, not my intention...lol. I'm just trying to make it a decent heli so I can get a good and confortable feeling of flying a RC Heli. Serendipity, I agree with you, getting the GY48V Gyro and the digital tail servo, will be my best bet...not because of the $$. But for this type of Heli, its as good as its going to get. However, I did get the information I wanted for my future heli... . Thanks all for your input I got the answer I was looking for.

Gordo

Gordo - don't let them scare you off. While one had a good point, the other answered your question directly. I too
    have an E-Razor. I made mine do cool things. Cheap. I suggest you do the same then, move on. It was well worth
    the initial ivestment to learn how to fly outside the simulator, and having used that experience and the simulator, it
    has helped emmensly flying the my next helo. Build your next one with the quality already mentioned. You will really
    appreciate it and still save money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast