Thread: Toilet Bowl effect

Newbie Member

Toilet Bowl effect

what causes this and how do I correct it?

Legendary Member

Re: Toilet Bowl effect

what heli is this and what exactly is the heli doing in flight that you are calling TBE

bully

tail rotor not spinning fast enough. AKA stripped tail gears.

Newbie Member

it is the new Blade 120 SR and instead of just hovering in one spot, it does the TBE

Silver Member

It is going to have tbe.
    Fixed pitch, the flybar is not tight or true or balanced to any degree. Might replace it if you have several to hunt through, find the one with the smallest hole.
    Also, thumb lag looks like tbe. Try to break the tbe by getting ahead of helo with your commands.
    Blade Msr  Blade Cpp2  Blade Huey Exceed Raptor G2 Walkera 36

Newbie Member

Mine will hover without TBE.

My MSR has a severe case however and will crash if not corrected on the TX. Still have not figured out how to stop it. Trimming the TX does not help. It did not do this when new. I will check the fly bar though. Thanks for the tip.

Diamond Member

TBE is most always a bent or binding flybar it maybe out of adjustment as well. A bent shaft can cause TB as well but you will have a vibration along with it..

Gold Member

TBE on the mSR and the 120 can be caused by many things. Blades to tight, worn or bent links, swash not leveled correctly, bent flybar. Do you have to use excessive trim to keep heli from drifting? My 120SR had TBE out of the box and it was caused by swash not being leveled correctly.
    DX8 - AR7600 2048@11ms HighSpeed Rx equipped - TP610C - Trex 450se V2 3g Microheli pro tail -Microheli Pro frame 450 - Trex 450se V2 scale Airwolf - Blade SR - Blade 120SR - Blade mSR - AMA940242

Quote Originally Posted by raygun
    TBE is most always a bent or binding flybar it maybe out of adjustment as well. A bent shaft can cause TB as well but you will have a vibration along with it..
    On my HBFPs I've had slightly bent shafts that would cause the skids to dance for about a second as the heli is spooling up, then suddenly appears to smooth out, then go into TBE as it goes into a hover. I didn't notice the shaking skids for a long time, it was so slight and gone so quickly, it drove me nuts until I finally figured it out. The shaft was bent so slightly it was hard to see the head wobble.
    Marty

Trex 500 flybarless, Tarot 450 Pro Flybarless, EXI 450 v3, Trex 250 Flybarless, HBFP X 2, Blade CX2, Blade 120 SR, Blade mSR X 2, Blade mCX2 X2, mCPXv1 brushless C05m, mCPX brushless HP05s, mCPX v2 stock

Legendary Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemanst13
    it is the new Blade 120 SR and instead of just hovering in one spot, it does the TBE
    with a flick of your finger, the flybar is supposed to bounce up and down a couple of times. move it by hand also and see if it feels stiff. it is should be loose in the head assembly. not all ball joints or holes on the linkages are always perfect. you may need to slightly water sand the ball joints or hole and see if it has a looser fit. do little at a time or you'll ruin it. it may take many test flights to get it right. blades too tight in the grips is another issue. start off on the loose side and tighten gradually. work on one problem at a time, then move on.

bully