Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spektrum 6 channel clone receiver

Gold Member

Spektrum 6 channel clone receiver

Have you guys seen the Spektrum 6 channel receiver from h o b b y k i n g.com. $ 14.95. It's call the Orange receiver. I've ordered one to check it out.
    Blade E-Flite mcx<br />Blade E-Flite MSR<br />Blade E-Flite Cp Pro 2<br />Blade E-Flite B400<br />AXI 450 SE<br />AXI 450 good flier<br />1/72 RC submarines<br />J3-cub, F4F, 3 Gravity warbirds

Diamond Member

Re: Spektrum 6 channel clone receiver

Yes they have been back ordered for a while now I ordered a couple from ....................T A R G E T H O B B Y they look just like the 6100 and people say they perform just as well...

Official Member

let us know what you come up with

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjdog
    Have you guys seen the Spektrum 6 channel receiver from h o b b y k i n g.com. $ 14.95. It's call the Orange receiver. I've ordered one to check it out.
    I got the other one from Hobby King - the one with 2 antennas.... Seems to bind and work OK so far, but I haven't flown it. Sometimes it does some weird LED blinking - the flashes are very brief - would almost be easy to miss. Mine came with no shrink wrap - just a bare board. I could get it in "bind" mode while touching the pins to unplug the battery (bright, rapid flashes). It does bright, slow flashes if the battery was unplugged and plugged back in with the tx power not also cycled.

I'm interested to know how the rx knows the tx has been cycled while its power was off. Seems to me that if the rx had no power, it could not know if the tx was turned off or not during that time, unless the tx sends out codes when turned on (and continues until the rx is turned on).

Other weird thing is that it goes into "fail safe" mode when powered up, but does not do so if the tx is turned off after initialization. I don't have a 6100 to compare it to, but I'd think that going into failsafe after losing tx signal would be the main time you'd want it to do that.

The jury is still out on this one......
    For those who believe, no proof is needed.<br />For those who don&#039;t believe, no proof is possible.....

Diamond Member

The ones from target are an exact clone of the spectrum 6100 so far no reported problems they get here fast and are only $13 shipping is $6 and they are always in stock it seems. They also have a 6110 its copied right down to the packaging and you get a bunch of stuff with it as a bonus.. Ray

Legendary Member

i bought the 4ch specktrum with one antenna and no heatshrink. i tried to hook it up to my F117 let and no lights on the rx came on tried all kinds of different ways but nada lights.. anybody has this rx and knows how to do it..
    forgot to mention it was from HK.
    bully

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bully
    i bought the 4ch specktrum with one antenna and no heatshrink. i tried to hook it up to my F117 let and no lights on the rx came on tried all kinds of different ways but nada lights.. anybody has this rx and knows how to do it..
    bully
    No LED sounds like it isn't bound..... Or not powered up. I looked up the AR6100 instructions and they seem to be correct for my rx.
    1) Set model ID in tx for the model you want (name of the plane/heli the rx will be in).
    2) Set switches and trims for desired fail-safe position (gear down!)
    3) Put the bind plug on the leftmost set of pins (circuit board down) and power it up with a battery (or ESC w/o motor connected) on any other set of pins. LED blinks rapidly and bright.
    4) Hold "bind" button on tx (must be DSM2?) and power up, release bind button after 10 seconds or so. LED then goes solid.
    Bear in mind that I have a different one, but I think they bind the same.

If I select another model with my tx, the rx does not respond - this is what they call "model match" and it prevents you from trying to fly one aircraft with another's settings (unfortunately, this is something a DX6 will allow you to do).

Hope this helps ya!
    For those who believe, no proof is needed.<br />For those who don&#039;t believe, no proof is possible.....

Gold Member

I ordered a AR6100 clone in the orange plastic box. Seemed to be a better idea. Safer me thinks. Anyway - it's still on back order. I also ordered one ot those things that lets you charge two (2) 11.1 volt 3 cell 2200 mah batteries at once. Makes the charger think that you have a six (6) cell battery. I have a buddy that has one and he says they are great. Charges both batteries in 40 minutes.
    Blade E-Flite mcx<br />Blade E-Flite MSR<br />Blade E-Flite Cp Pro 2<br />Blade E-Flite B400<br />AXI 450 SE<br />AXI 450 good flier<br />1/72 RC submarines<br />J3-cub, F4F, 3 Gravity warbirds

Quote Originally Posted by raygun
    The ones from target are an exact clone of the spectrum 6100 so far no reported problems they get here fast and are only $13 shipping is $6 and they are always in stock it seems. They also have a 6110 its copied right down to the packaging and you get a bunch of stuff with it as a bonus.. Ray
    I got one of those 6100's your talking about, and mine works great! No probs. whatsoever..
    T-Rex 600 EFL PRO, Blade MCPx, BLRY 450PE: DS420,GY401,Spek AR6100 (Beater), AH-6 Fuse w/Telem, SK720, ICE LT 75: Scorp 10,HS5084MG,AR8000, Airwolf 450, Hitec HS65HB, Algn HS5084, ICE 50, GY401,AR8000 w/tel, Cop-X, Concept 30 (Nitro), Blade CP PRO II, Blade Cx, Rex CF Silver 450, Scorp 8,Scorp Comm 45,GY401,HS65HB,DS420,DX6i,DX8

Legendary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustcommander100
    Quote Originally Posted by bully
    bully
    No LED sounds like it isn't bound..... Or not powered up. I looked up the AR6100 instructions and they seem to be correct for my rx.
    1) Set model ID in tx for the model you want (name of the plane/heli the rx will be in).
    2) Set switches and trims for desired fail-safe position (gear down!)
    3) Put the bind plug on the leftmost set of pins (circuit board down) and power it up with a battery (or ESC w/o motor connected) on any other set of pins. LED blinks rapidly and bright.
    4) Hold "bind" button on tx (must be DSM2?) and power up, release bind button after 10 seconds or so. LED then goes solid.
    Bear in mind that I have a different one, but I think they bind the same.

If I select another model with my tx, the rx does not respond - this is what they call "model match" and it prevents you from trying to fly one aircraft with another's settings (unfortunately, this is something a DX6 will allow you to do).

Hope this helps ya!
    thanks dust, i'll into it. i don't know if the gear flap was down but the motor was connected..

bully

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast