Thread: American Express Helicopter Promo

Newbie Member

American Express Helicopter Promo

I was wondering if anyone would know anything regarding the American Express helicopter they gave away in a promotion. If so, I could use the radio to control it with. The papers that came with it has no name or numbers regarding the helicopter. I would appreciate any info on this.

Diamond Member

Re: American Express Helicopter Promo

If it is anything like the american express business model the best thing you can do is recycle the battery and throw the rest of it away.
    Politicians creed: You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to so that when they turn their back on you, you can slip the knife in.

Newbie Member

I am new to RC helicopters or any RC toys. I also have one of these promo helicopters, but no controller, and I would like to know what I can use to controll it. If it is worth it I can at least try the copter and see if I might want to get a better one

Official Member

Are you saying that American Express gave you a remote control heli but did not give you a controller with it?
    E-Flite Blade msr<br />Madhawk 300<br />Esky Belt CP

Official Member

this is the heli from the promotion. (someone from my work brought one in seeing if we could make it work with another tx)
    It uses a 27mhz receiver in the US version and so nothing but another toy class TX could work with it.

Honestly, its not worth any money IMO. Just use any money you were going to use to make it work for a 3ch co-ax....

Newbie Member

yes they want you to get a business credit card and then they will send you the controller. Thanks for the information about it not being worth the money to persue this Heli. now I need to decide if I want to buy a real RC Helli and if so which one. again thanks for the info.

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    yes they want you to get a business credit card and then they will send you the controller. Thanks for the information about it not being worth the money to persue this Heli. now I need to decide if I want to buy a real RC Helli and if so which one. again thanks for the info.
    Bilbo, if you were going to spend any money at all on a controller for the A.E. heli than the answer to your question is...YES. You should spend a little cash and buy a good quality heli. You will love it. Start with a fairly inexpensive coaxial if you are new to the hobby and want to see if you like it. Then you can move up to a fairly inexpensive four channel fixed pitch and so on. Get the American Express card so you can charge all your purchases to it.
    E-Flite Blade msr<br />Madhawk 300<br />Esky Belt CP

Diamond Member

Excellant advice Atchuuu. All except for the very last part about the AmEx card. Seriously,they are the last people on earth you want to do business with. I'd even deal with (gag gasp) Wells Fargo before AmEx.
    Politicians creed: You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to so that when they turn their back on you, you can slip the knife in.