Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectrum DX system no good?

Banned

Spectrum DX system no good?

Here is a link to Spectrum Tx system, I am not an expert in Tx technology, but looking at this, Spectrum Tx is about to fall behind.

http://rcmodelreviews.com/forum/view...t=164&start=10

Gold Member

Re: Spectrum DX system no good?

I have had problems linking at my feild wiith a lot of pilots there,,,,howerver I will stick with jr spektrum due to the advanced simple programming,people can't figure out the airtronics and I don't know bout the turngy and futaba.start a poll of what radios people use here.
    Trex 500esp/fbl,beast x,jr 3517mg&#39;s/520 tail,ice 75,wr high current bec,scorpion 1600kv,edge mains and tail,ar7000...dx7 sticks.<br />Trex 700e v2 3gx on the way, vbar 5.0,bls 451&#39;s,bls 251 tail,wr super bec,ice hv 120,edge 693&#39;s powered by 2 thunder power 65c 6s 5000&#39;s

Official Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos
    Here is a link to Spectrum Tx system, I am not an expert in Tx technology, but looking at this, Spectrum Tx is about to fall behind.

http://rcmodelreviews.com/forum/view...t=164&start=10
    The Spektrum DSM has been proof a very good radio system, very few negative reports. I have been using the Spektrum radio for two plus years with thousands flights in gliders, planes and helis, only had a few glitches from heli that turned out to be my fault, the Rx was brown out from BEC overload.

Platinum Member

i agree. had a dx6i and now have the dx7 both were flawless.
    trex 450<br /> exi450<br /> hughs500(trex450)<br /> cx3 mcx msr<br /> TREX500 x2<br /> TREX600<br /> dx7

Gold Member

Yeah, and every auto insurance company promises to save you $400 or more on auto ins. Futaba has been running a smear campaign against Specktrum for a while now.
    Doesn't it make more sense to see what a lot of the Pro 3D pilots are using? You don't think they would run second rate stuff do you? I have no doubt that someday it will be a different story but anyone that say's Spectrum radio's are second rate is trying to pull the wool over your eye's. Futaba Say's that they only need one Rx and no satellites. I'm sorry but that right there makes no sense for us heli pilots because we have a big chunk of carbon fibre hanging up there(most of us anyway) and last I understood CF blocks RF. These radio's are "line of sight" that means that when that chunk of CF is between the Tx. and the Rx. you lose signal how good is it then?
    DX8 - AR7600 2048@11ms HighSpeed Rx equipped - TP610C - Trex 450se V2 3g Microheli pro tail -Microheli Pro frame 450 - Trex 450se V2 scale Airwolf - Blade SR - Blade 120SR - Blade mSR - AMA940242

Quote Originally Posted by RTF3D
    Yeah, and every auto insurance company promises to save you $400 or more on auto ins. Futaba has been running a smear campaign against Specktrum for a while now.
    Doesn't it make more sense to see what a lot of the Pro 3D pilots are using? You don't think they would run second rate stuff do you? I have no doubt that someday it will be a different story but anyone that say's Spectrum radio's are second rate is trying to pull the wool over your eye's. Futaba Say's that they only need one Rx and no satellites. I'm sorry but that right there makes no sense for us heli pilots because we have a big chunk of carbon fibre hanging up there(most of us anyway) and last I understood CF blocks RF. These radio's are "line of sight" that means that when that chunk of CF is between the Tx. and the Rx. you lose signal how good is it then?
    That is exactly right. Spektrum has some really good info on their site that very well describes the satellite functionality.
    T-Rex 600 EFL PRO, Blade MCPx, BLRY 450PE: DS420,GY401,Spek AR6100 (Beater), AH-6 Fuse w/Telem, SK720, ICE LT 75: Scorp 10,HS5084MG,AR8000, Airwolf 450, Hitec HS65HB, Algn HS5084, ICE 50, GY401,AR8000 w/tel, Cop-X, Concept 30 (Nitro), Blade CP PRO II, Blade Cx, Rex CF Silver 450, Scorp 8,Scorp Comm 45,GY401,HS65HB,DS420,DX6i,DX8

Banned

these are the info, you make the decision. DSM2 or FHSS with DSSS

Gold Member

First link is broken..And if memory serves me correctly....... There is a couple things this guy did not cover or just omitted..For instance in the first vid (part one) at 4:39 he Say's when there is low background noise the radio will "appear" to select channels randomly and if the channels are close together its susceptible to interference. My problem with this is if there is background interference the radio selects different channels. Say he would have turned his 2.4 vid link on before he turned on the radio....the radio would have selected different channels. I'm not hear to argue who's best but the fact of the matter is all RC radio equipment is susceptible to interference it has to be to comply with FCC regs. It doesn't matter if you have 2 or 22 channels in the right circumstances it will fail. Granted it might take the EMP from a nuke to disrupt a 22ch but in that case I wouldn't be worried about my heli I think Ill keep my 7se awhile longer. I have had no issues and programmings a walk in the park.
    DX8 - AR7600 2048@11ms HighSpeed Rx equipped - TP610C - Trex 450se V2 3g Microheli pro tail -Microheli Pro frame 450 - Trex 450se V2 scale Airwolf - Blade SR - Blade 120SR - Blade mSR - AMA940242

Banned

I have no intention to ask anyone to dump their DX. they are good Tx. But for new buyers, those things may be for them to consider. After all, technology changes by light spd, if Spectrum does not keep up, in a technology world, they will be left behind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    So, Kaos........what are you really trying to say here......?........or just another post to add to your volume of 1/2 cocked opinions......lol
    I guess your opinion is not half cooked. I have said many times, NO ONE knows everything in this hobby , including you, I am presenting some info for people to look at to evaluate. that is what a forum is for. I am not here to teach. Neither are you. if you are a die hard DX owner, there is nothing wrong with that.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast