Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing FMS "fmsdisk01.exe" & Set-up for FMS to Transmitter Remote

Platinum Member

Re: Installing FMS "fmsdisk01.exe" & Set-up for FMS to Transmitter Remote

The problem might be that you have the 64 bit version. I hear that there have been lots of compatabilty problems with 32 bit programs running on 64 bit versions of Vista. You might want to "Google" something like "FMS running on 64 bit Vista". Someone should have an answer for you. ...............................BRM
    Crash and Learn!!!    Walkera 1#B, 4#3A/B, Esky Belt CP, HB 2.4 FP, Lama V3, and Nissan GTR(Not crashing that one)

you are so right the vista we tested on is 32 bit and sorry 64 bit is not compatible. Thanks for pointing this out.

Andy

http://twitter.com/yadac123

paul

"I can not get this to work with vista 64-bit. the screen keeps flashing." -Quote

Among some of the Vista Users (unsure what Vista they have) they have stated that after Installing FMS & the d3drm.dll file, when the Plane or Heli shows up on the (green) run way, there is something "Flashing" that Blocks out the rest of the Screen/FMS program so that you CAN'T see the Heli/Plane.

The only thing that solved the problem was to turn off the "FOG" under the 'Resolution' or 'Graphics' tab. Just uncheck the "Fog" check-box to remove fog. This usually solves the problem very quickly and you see your Flying Object right away, but sometimes no landscape though. LOL, oh well.

If that doesn't solve the resolution problem, try lowering the Quality under 'Resolution' & 'Graphics' of the FMS simulation. (ie. go under those tabs and reduce the screen size to 800x600, lower & reduce any option(s) in the FMS menus to try to get a better picture of FMS on your Monitor, etc...). Start the FMS program with as little Graphics quality & Graphics features as possible, once FMS is Running start adding the features & quality(s) that you want, and see what your computer can handle. Usually you will have to meet some where in the middle if your computer can't handle it. Best of Luck!!!!

Gold Member

I wish I saw this guide before making my video , but they're basically the same info

[youtube]kfXjf6D2sxs[/youtube]

Check This Out

I downloaded this scenery and heli

To Install Additional Models and Landscapes.

This works fine on my computer but Install at your own risk, I will accept no responsibility if you screw your computer up .

1 - Make a new folder on your Desktop Named "FMS".

2 - Open that floder and make 2 additional Folders, one named "Models" and the other named "Landscapes"

3 - Go Download new planes/helis and save them to the "Models Folder" in the "FMS" folder. Save any Landscapes in the "Landscape Folder"

---You will need WinRar to extract the files - http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-...-10007677.html

4 - Open either the Models or Landscapes Folder, at the top select "Edit" and then go down and click on "Select All"

5 - After they are all highlighted, right click on any one, a menu will pop up, click on extract files

6 - Extract the files to C: Drive - Program Files - FMS - "Models" or "Landscapes"

If any menus pop up asking if you would like to replace any files, click "Yes to all"

After they are done extracting, everything is finished and the new models and landscapes will be ready for use. You will need Versions 2.8x to use PhotoRealistic Backgrounds. You may also need a video card, it will depend on your comp.

Tips:

TURN THE FOG OFF

Depending on the size of your computer screen, try zooming in or out to make the picture better scaled to your screen.

Try turning "Fixed Viewing Position" off, the heli won't always be centered in the middle of the screen, pretty cool, I didn't like it but I'm sure some others will.

Newbie Member

I want to use the Eagle 50's remote controller, on the fms but can not find a usb cable that will fit the control as it only has a round 4 post plug and every thing i have have found has a lot more post in them and will not fit any help on where to locate one so I can use it as a usb instead of a serial controller. also the round plug for the serial controller keeps falling out very poor connection.

Thanks Joe

Gold Member

just go ahead and buy the E_Sky sim kit, its the best way because then you don't need any batteries, you need to have batteries in the actual heli Tx to use it on the sim

http://www.xheli.com/e4chflsitrki.html

Silver Member

Thank you Paul this should help me alot when I try and install the fms you to nuttcaze!

Gold Member

Making FMS more interesting

Get more models and scenery here

http://mysite.verizon.net/bizwptdb/id39.html

Update: Watch this or go to my site

[youtube]-jafpZGmWjw[/youtube]

Silver Member

Well I downloaded the fms simulator today and its great but for some reason Im having problems downloading more models. I tried to download a model from this website: http://www.rc-sim.de/dl_engine_eng/i...4e7a2c&start=0 . I was wondering how you get the model to the fms. I clicked download and it downloads but then its not in the fms file with all the other models. Any ideas? And also what is the difference between the 2.8.x version and the 2.7.x version.

Newbie Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtk
    I want to use the Eagle 50's remote controller, on the fms but can not find a usb cable that will fit the control as it only has a round 4 post plug and every thing i have have found has a lot more post in them and will not fit any help on where to locate one so I can use it as a usb instead of a serial controller. also the round plug for the serial controller keeps falling out very poor connection.

Thanks Joe
    Hi jtk,

As Paul mentioned before, the installation guide was intended for transmitters with an USB connection. After reading the description of your problem and inspecting the Eagle 50's transmitter personally, I found the port that you described as a PS/2 port. Please see http://www.answers.com/topic/ps-2-connector-technology. If my judgement is correct, the solution to your problem is a PS/2 to USB adapter, http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail.as...WBSHOPPINGDCOM or http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...098&lid=674101. If you are still interested in getting the Eagle 50's transmitter to work with the FMS, go get a PS/2 to USB adapter from your local electronic store with good return policy and trouble shoot the FMS setup again. Good luck.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast