Thread: E-Razor 250 tools?

Newbie Member

E-Razor 250 tools?

Hey Guys, I just got a new E-Razor 250 (time to move up from my Tuned up Blade CX) While this Heli was RTF out of the box, it needs some tuning. I've balanced the blades, but want to go thru the head assembly, so my question is, what do I need, besides a newer set of reading glasses what size hex drivers do I need to get for all those darn small screws on the rotor assembly? I've been googling for hours an already have the Exi 15 piece tool kit. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: E-Razor 250 tools?

1.3mm and .9mm
    SAB Goblin 700 with Align 700MX motor and OS 1100HV 100A ESC...JR 8717's on cyclic and throttle...BeastX and Savox 2227HV BLS on the tail...All controlled with a Futaba T8FGS

Newbie Member

Thank you, much appriciated.

Newbie Member

It turned out to be a bit of a search to find these, here is the place to go, but they will take a while to ship. I got this from another post, but thought it relevent to post here.
    http://miponline.com

Newbie Member

Follow up reply to an email I got about the tools not being the right size:

Yo, I feel your pain, I was in the same boat for a while, (I bought 4 different 0.9mm drivers!) 2 of them turned out to be more 0.035" and 0.9mm is actually 0.03936". The closest match I found was here: http://www.nitroplanes.com/60p-erz1-045.html this one measured 0.03900". For the screw holding the main rotor assembly to the main shaft, it still feels a little loose, I've been using a pair of needle nose pliers on the head of the screw to snug it up and break it loose. Here's another thing, the original main shaft aluminum ring with the hex set screw was apparently truly 0.9mm, I did not have a tool, and my shaft was bent anyway so I just drilled it out. I bought replacement shafts from nitroplanes.com and the hex set screws appear to be closer to 0.035" and not a true 0.9mm, so the .9mm driver in the set I mentioned in the last post works, but still seems a little loose. I've been just adding blue locktite to the threads. Just out of curiosity, I broke out my professional series laboratory edition, authentic certification from the department of weights and measures micrometer (just kidding..) and here's how the 4- 0.9mm drivers I ordered stacked up. 0.9mm = 0.03936".
    1st driver=0.03425"
    2nd driver=0.03390"
    3rd driver=0.03510"
    4th driver=0.03900"

Hope this helps.
    Scott B.

elkmaster01

Search for 'MIP Thorp' drivers,,their the best I found.

Newbie Member

The 3rd driver was the MIP Thorp (3rd driver=0.03510"), your right elkmaster01 it is a quality tool and is the one that I use for the aftermarket parts (at least what I've ordered) but is way too loose for the original main rotor housing screw to the main shaft on my 250 that I recently got. I'm just guessing here, but maybe a later batch substituded the .035" screws for what were actually .9mm screws, which would explain why the tools work for the folks who have had the e-razor for a while and not for the folks that just got one, maybe its all due to loose manufacturing tolerances, I don't know. I could be wrong, it happens. I'm just posting this becouse I remember how much of a buzzkill it was for me after my 1st crash when it took me 2 weeks to get the right tools to make repairs.