Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gy48v setup HELP

gy48v setup HELP

hello guys, my gy48v just came in the mail and I got it installed and everything, but I have a couple problems.

For one I cannot get the gyro to hold without wagging all over the place.

secondly in rate mode the gyro does absolutely nothing when the heli is rotated side to side. Tried two servos for this problem and it did nothing for both. However I did not actually mount it to see if I still had problem #1 with the different servo.

What does the dial that sais delay do? dont seem to do anything for me. My dx6i gyro settings are as follows.

rate sw-gyro
    0: 45%
    1:<- 58%
    R.I.P.=Belt cp ; Still Alive---&gt;&nbsp; EXI 450

Legendary Member

Re: gy48v setup HELP

put it all back so that everything is installed. The delay pot is for when your not using a digital servo. IT will help get rid of wag at weird areas of flight, the limit pot tells the gyro how far the ends of the control needs to throw. If you have changed anything in teh ridder settings regarding limiting the servo throw, you will want that back to 100 each direction, should be channel 4. You also going to want to set it up so like this

rate
    0: 58
    1:<-45

When you turn it on you should have gyro on 0, then make sure the light is staying a solid red. Then switch to rate mode and dial in straight by moving teh servo on the boom. Then stop the rotor, flip your gyro switch three cycles then the light should flash twice, then lock red. That should be ready to fly
    Pantera FBL 693 Brushless, Pantera 26cc FBL 800mm gasser, Pantera 26cc 710mm gasser, Pantera 26cc 710mm gasser, Pantera 30 nitro, EXI t450se cf

Kloner, I dont understand, shouldnt rate mode be lower than hh mode on the dx6i? wont 0 be hh mode and 1 be rate mode the way you have it setup? Also I would try to get rudder trimmed beofre hh mode but like I said the servo wont budge 1 inch in rate mode. Once my battery is done I will try your settings/tips and get back to you.

I put my tx settings like you said and the only difference is now with the switch at 1 it is in rate mode, and the switch at 0 is hh mode. Also I am still getting absolutely no servo movemnet in rate mode. That is gyro stabilizing movement, it moves when I move the rudder stick.

if your using a digital servo on the tail,, turn the gyro gain to zero on the gyro itself.....
    HBFP&nbsp;&nbsp;HBFP V2&nbsp; EXI 450

Legendary Member

I don't have your radio so maybe you had it right. When you turn it on does the red light on the gyro go solid first? If it is flashing fast it is not being booted in heading hold mode and therefore won't initialize.
    Pantera FBL 693 Brushless, Pantera 26cc FBL 800mm gasser, Pantera 26cc 710mm gasser, Pantera 26cc 710mm gasser, Pantera 30 nitro, EXI t450se cf

Legendary Member

try reading this manual and notice teh differentlight flashing errors. also, if your using a real digi servo, you will want to turn on ds switch. most of what you need is on page 2

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futm0807-manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kloner
    I don't have your radio so maybe you had it right. When you turn it on does the red light on the gyro go solid first? If it is flashing fast it is not being booted in heading hold mode and therefore won't initialize.
    The gyro flashes and then goes solid relatively quickly. When I switch to rate mode the light goes out and I get o gyro activity. Still not flyable. This gyro is starting to annoy me!

Thought I might add- when the gyro shipped along with otherparts, the gyro was not in any sort of box. Jsut bouncing around in the big ups box. I found the box that the gyro should have been in, but simehow my gyro escaped and the gyro box was completley open.

Legendary Member

that sucks, it should still work though. I've thrown em at the ground pretty hard

What happens when you puit the gain to 100 on both chanels? i feel like your gain isn't actualy working. The single wire was plugged into channel 5, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kloner
    that sucks, it should still work though. I've thrown em at the ground pretty hard

What happens when you puit the gain to 100 on both chanels? i feel like your gain isn't actualy working. The single wire was plugged into channel 5, right?
    If I put the gain above 65% the helicopter wags like crazy! I think at 100% the helicopter would destroy itself. And at below 45% (rate mode) the gyro does not move the servo at all when I rotate the helicopter. The problem is in a hover it goes from huge wag, to no holding and still wag after rudder input. I will try to post some sort of video to demonstrate the problem.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast