Thread: ECS to brushless motor wiring Guanci A-10

Newbie Member

ECS to brushless motor wiring Guanci A-10

I just recieved the A-10 from nitroplanes. the directions do not show proper wiring to the brushless motors. Have 2 esc all red wires ESC shows output wires A,B,C. wires to motor red, blue, black. anybody know what motor leads go to what?

chris.7935

Re: ECS to brushless motor wiring Guanci A-10

There should be 5 wires on the esc.

1 for positive from the batt
    1 for negative to the batt
    and 3 for the motor.
    Once you figure out what 3 are for the motor which it sounds like you have. (ABC) plug them on to the motor in any order you want.
    Turn it on and see if it turns the right way or the wrong way. If it is the wrong way switch any 2 wires and try again. Should be good.
    (you can't hurt it by hooking it up wrong.)

Newbie Member

Hi,

Yes, I just got my A10 from Nitroplane and I have the same problems in figuring how to connect the electrical leads. The schematic for the wiring diagram for ducted fans on the manual is confusing. Ducted fan has 3 leads ( red, blue,& black) and the ESC has 2 leads from the battery(black & red) to three leads (all reds designate A, B, & C) to the motors. So, I did tried to connect with same color codes from the battery to the fans; Red to Red (A on ESC), Black to Black(C on ESC) and Blue to "B"; when I turn on the fans; they were blowing backward. Then I reverse the connections they were ok. Hopefully I connected them right. The manual should be revised with better clear instructions.....

Newbie Member

Recently assembled my a-10 brushless and all the motor leads from my esc's were all black lol... Sounds like they use whatever color wire they have the most of on hand. Well I basically had to plug n play untill I got it right, a-red, b-black, c-blue worked for me, at least they put abc on there . But agreed that the diagram is useless, and so are most of the instructions for the most part...

Official Member

For the most part.. motors and esc's are manufactured by different companies and then bought by the kit manufactureer. it's a wise choice to pre check ALL electrical connections before final assembly to ensure proper rotation of motors.

Newbie Member

I'm green about RC flight, but I do know electronics.

This blog suggests that the brushless motors on the a10 are three phase -- right-wrong?

If they are true three phase then: A=black, B=red, & C=blue; but it's not critical to the motor or the controller and reversing any two of the leads will reverse the motors rotation.

Official Member

you are correct on all counts