Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Clearview Simulator Thread

Official Member

Re: Clearview

No problem Dave! But hey, not sure what you use but CV is really nice. There is a free demo and it works with all USB controllers, including the FMS version.
    Demo is here: http://rcflightsim.com/download.html

I realize that it's semi-realistic, but it's certainly taught me the sticks and muscle memory for 'holy crap I'm about to crash' correction.

While we're on the topic, would you recommend something better? I have the e-sky 4ch controller.
    As always, thanks!!!
    I'm a noob.  If you listen to anything I say, you'll probably crash.

Hey Mike,
    I have a turnigy 9ch and it was 54 dollars. The stander seems to Be DX6i or DX7 which start around 150. and go up from there. So it depends on the money.

Dave F
    Farmer's Flying Service

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by dfarmercse
    Hey Mike,
    I have a turnigy 9ch and it was 54 dollars. The stander seems to Be DX6i or DX7 which start around 150. and go up from there. So it depends on the money.

Dave F
    Hey Dave,
    You're a leading contributor here so I want to get your opinion on this Turnigy TX. The price can't be beat but what about parts, service and all the other good stuff we have to consider when buying from Hong Kong. I looked at some of the reviews on H obby K ing web site but I don't trust those cause you never know who is really posting. Have you had trouble getting extra receivers? I assume you are happy with the range and reliability.

Fei Hu means Flying Tiger in Mandarin
    Gear up and locked

I have had very good luck with my Turnigy. It does most of what the DX6i does and have not had a range issure. It has been hard to get the Turnigy 8ch RX. But you can use the flysky 6ch ver b RX. Those are easy to come by. I have 4 Flysky and 4 turnigy RX.

Dave F
    Farmer's Flying Service

Bronze Member

I use that controller with Clearview and it works great. You can map Idle up to the switch on the left and throttle hold to the knob to practice autos.
    9 Eagles FS Micro, Solo Pro 2, Walkera 4G6, CB180D, CX/Align500TT   DX7i          Clearview, FMS

Platinum Member

Re: Dedicated Clearview Simulator Thread

The latest update is out, with a whole new weather effects tool. It is way more realistic! I found a setting that almost matches a typical afternoon at my club site; great for practicing under nearly real conditions!

Official Member
    I have the turnigy 9x tx. What do I need to do to make it work with Clearview?

Do you have the wire that goes from the tx to the computer. I use the Dynam usb simulatorline you can get them at most rc places
    Last edited by 67sam; 12-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Official Member
    I have a sterio wire that goes from the tx to the sound card on my computer. I plug it in and I get no control of anything. I remove the module also.

You need a wire that plugs from your tx to a usb that would go to the computer i think the wire your using is the wrong one just google sim wire you'll see what i mean i don't know how to upload links or i would if you google it you will see it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast